turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I filed and was accepted Jan. 27th. I am still waiting. I have to get up at 7am and try to call the IRS. Today they kept disconnecting due to "extremely high call volumes". 

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Most unfortunately no I haven't and now on top of that I applied for unemployment due to the fact I didn't get the stimulus and they say they are unable to verify my SSN!!

I still haven't received mine. I filed February 3rd

@Neveragain2209 wrote:

I still haven't received mine. I filed February 3rd

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

File in January

Also, filed in Feb still waiting...

Been waiting since Jan 29th

@Aworkman09 wrote:

Been waiting since Jan 29th

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

@MinhT1 When is TurboTax going to take responsibility of their error in removing the Healcare Forms associated with ObamaCare. I am one of thousands of people in the same boat, we all followed your steps "guaranteeing the fastest refund: Due to your company taking out the form, we all were pushed to a paper return. 

I started this thread in Feb, there is now over 4,000 comments reporting the exat same issue as mine.  If this doesn't grab your attention I will continue to escalate this further. 

I am requesting an email or a responce from you. @MinhT1 

joseguillen9430
Returning Member

Found this forum today. I figure I should tell my story as well. I filed on February 4 (1 day after I received my W2) I decided to try TurboTax for the first time. Everything seemed to go smoothly. My tax file got accepted. But then I received a letter saying I needed to submit information of 1095A (health insurance). But... I am paying TurboTax so that they can let me know what I need to submit (so much for paying an online tool that doesn't do its job properly, they even made me upgrade because there were things that were not covered by the basic version of it).  Anyways, I submitted my 1095A information somewhere about March 2.  Everything went to hell after that. The papers I submitted are probably under a pile of papers somewhere in a shipping container or storage unit waiting for then to miraculously pick it up. I don't know how much is the interest the IRS pays back to those that filed before things spiced up in the US. But I am surely owed interest.

Now. Who do I blame? For starters, TurboTax. One would think that after being forcefully upgraded from the free version to deluxe, one would get maybe more amenities. But in the end... they didn't even warn me that i was missing something in the files. Yet, they said my tax return was successfully accepted. I already paid TurboTax for the service upgrade, so why would they care anymore? So, TurboTax 👏 Way to go.

I also blame the IRS for not upgrading their services. Apparently, the IRS was having issues even before the pandemic started. Their systems are, at best, obsolete. 

Just like most of us here. I was already doing calculations to know where to allocate that money after it was deposited. For most of us... it was probably going to bill payments. Well... I had to use my savings account to pay the bills and close it after that since they were charging me money because I was below the limit they require to waive maintenance fees (banks are stupid, what exactly are you maintaining on a private savings account? it also happens with debit cards...). Now, here I am, almost 6 months till I filed and it is still "processing".  They all deserve a trophy for this 👏🍻🏆🙄

joseguillen9430
Returning Member

I am one of them. And just about a few minutes ago, someone (probably TurboTax), removed a long post I made. Again, "Bravo TurboTax, Bravooooo" 👏🤐

I also used turbo tax for the first time. It was free and guaranteed fast accurate returns. Here i am 5 months later still nothing. Its in processing.  I filed feb 21. I blame turbo tax for the guarentee. Then the irs says i receieved a letter but i did not and still have not and noone can tell me what the letter said. Way to go irs. I got a stimulus check thankfully that paid my car off but i need my refund for other things. Im beggining to panic bc im worried about bills i cant even get to a tax advocate.  I was told allow until 8/8 but it's still not looking promising

Tubo tax is full of BS

I 1000% agree that TurboTax dropped the ball with the health insurance documents. I have used TT for 15 years and never had this issue until this year. In years past it always at least asked the question "Did you have health insurance this year?" and then necessary documents were prompted.  Personally I moved from Colorado to Florida the month of January and didn't receive my state subsidized tax documents so it was not "on my mind". To an extent I am partially to blame for not remembering but DEFINITELY the software should have a prompt. I filed February  7th, received the IRS letter February  28th and responded March 3. As head of household with 2 dependents my return is over $5000 and I am STILL WAITING.  Had the software prompted the medical insurance info of course we would have completed it and not be in this situation. After 15 years using TT both free and paid. I definitely will question my decision next year. They have created an unnecessary situation that has PREVENTED  us from receiving our refunds!!! Something should be done.

I agree too! The past 5 years TurboTax software has always been very clear that there is a 1095-A form that should be filled out if you purchased a plan through the ACA. This year (2019 product) it did not ask anything about the ACA or even flag anything on the review. However, I keep notes from previous years, so I went back and filled in the form myself because I knew I had in previous years, and I know the IRS requires the form. Plus the form was laying on my desk so it was right there staring me in the face. 

However, I'm still waiting since e-filing on March 17 for a refund. All it says is:

"We have received your tax return and it is being processed."

It even gives the expected refund amount. And I know I filled out everything accurately. So what is the hold up? I thought e-filed returns were processing on the normal 21-day schedule. 

I have not received any communication whatsoever from the IRS. So I have no idea what is going on or why it's taking so long this year to process the return. I can't deal with this too much longer! It's way, way past the 21 days that the IRS is still claiming they are processing e-filed returns within, and from all the complaints on here, there are many, many people that have e-filed and are STILL waiting. 

And please, if your one of the "tax experts" on this forum, do not reply to my post with a copy-paste of that stupid guideline. WE KNOW! Instead, try being helpful and actually look into what is going on rather than just pasting some cr*p on here. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies