turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I messed up my Payer address on some 1099-Misc forms that I e-filed through the "Quick Employer Forms" site. I'm so confused on how to fix that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

I messed up my Payer address on some 1099-Misc forms that I e-filed through the "Quick Employer Forms" site. I'm so confused on how to fix that?

As long as you entered the Payer's correct Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN or EIN), an error in the Payer's Address (or even the Payer's Name) should not cause any problem. If it had caused a problem, your e-filed 1099-MISC return would have been rejected.

The IRS uses the FEIN to record and manage information returns such as the 1099-MISC. The Payer's Name and Address are listed on the form primarily for the recipient's benefit.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ToddL

As long as you entered the Payer's correct Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN or EIN), an error in the Payer's Address (or even the Payer's Name) should not cause any problem. If it had caused a problem, your e-filed 1099-MISC return would have been rejected.

The IRS uses the FEIN to record and manage information returns such as the 1099-MISC. The Payer's Name and Address are listed on the form primarily for the recipient's benefit.

pbmeyer1
Returning Member

You don't say how to correct the Payer information. What if you have the payer name wrong?  How do you correct that?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You can use the link provided below to edit and fix your 1099-MISC:

How do I edit or delete a 1099-MISC

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dcaralos0439
Returning Member

The FEIN is incorrect I need to fix the problem.

dcaralos0439
Returning Member

I need to correct FEIN.

dcaralos0439
Returning Member

need help to correct the FEIN because there is missing number.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you have already filed your return, the only way to correct anything would be to amend your return

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies