turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Twilliams0768
Returning Member

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

Mine isn’t showing anything the number it’s instructing me to call is [phone number removed] ext 623. I haven’t gotten a live person yet.

mcleant16

OK, I come to this forum a lot for answers to questions I have so I thought I should post my timeline for amended my return for 2019. I originally sent in my amended return for 2019 on March 3rd, 2020. It didn't show up in their system until September 20th, 2020 at which point they realized I was missing a signature and sent me the entire return back and the process started over. I signed and mailed the return once again once I received it in the mail at the end of September 2020. I was thinking they should have received the return around the 5th of October, so I used that date for tracking on my end. The return was not logged into the computer until June 2021, not sure of exact date because I just quit checking after a while. It was adjusted on August 13th 2020 and marked as completed as of this past Friday, September 3rd 2021. Today is Tuesday, September 7th 2021 and I have not received a deposit so I'm wondering if a check was mailed. Either way, still no refund. That is my almost 2 year battle of filing my amended return. 

@mcleant16 The IRS does not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.   They only mail checks.  Keep watching your mail for the check.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I never got my 2019 federal i apply my ammed 1040x in still nuffing yet its more thing 21 days

raypme
Returning Member

I still havent heard anything about my taxes and the irs has it to where you cant bother them with asking where your money is.

I was finally able to access my 2019 amendment return on the website today.. It asked me to call and when I did they said I have to wait until the 17th and if I don't have my refund by then call back. But they had no information on my 2018 amended return which was sent and received received according to my tracking the exact same day as the 2019. Go figure. The person I spoke to had a very nasty attitude until I asked her to repeat her name and number and then she got a little bit nicer but you could tell they are tremendously ovare tremendously overworked And sick of taking calls.

Twilliams0768
Returning Member

I spoke to someone from the irs and she was not helpful at all .. She asked me why did i amend my return when i spoke to the irs and was told to  file one. She then came back claiming that i owe money and she doesn’t see where i’m getting a refund. she then stated amended return take 20 weeks and to check the website. i then stated that on the irs website it doesn’t share this information and why haven’t no one told me this when i previously called she couldn’t answer. i then asked for her name and  badge number she disconnected the call. I’m just i irritated i’m reaching out to tax advocate this is ridiculous 

@Twilliams0768 

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@Cgray2424 You have been posting some short statements since at least May, but your issue has never been fully explained.   Are you still trying to find out about your 2019 federal refund or are your posts about 2020?   In one of your posts you said you got a letter from the IRS--but not what it said, in another post you mentioned the state seized your state refund....now you are mentioning an amended return......

Please explain specifically what is going on so someone can understand and possibly help.

KADLEXMOM

So first time amending here! It says completed Sept 10th.. how long do I wait now? I called Tuesday n they say that it's completed but no mailing date?? Confused.. 

Normally Amended 1040X returns take 16 weeks (4 months) or more to process.  But these are not normal times.  The IRS is taking a very long time to process all returns.  Amended returns might take 6 months or more.  You have to keep waiting.  

Who did you call?  The IRS or Turbo Tax?  You can check an amended return  here.
https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

Mines says the same thing completed on sept 10,  but I have yet to receive any correspondence or my amended check. Let us know soon as you have an update! 

When i look up my wheres my amened return it says should of had it on may 14 now going into october and no refund can not get through to the irs have called everyday tired of trying can you please see whats going on

@Rodabeetlepp wrote:

When i look up my wheres my amened return it says should of had it on may 14 now going into october and no refund can not get through to the irs have called everyday tired of trying can you please see whats going on

TurboTax cannot legally contact the IRS on your behalf.  TurboTax is a software company which sells tax preparation software.  It is not a paid tax professional such as a CPA, EA or Tax Attorney.

Does the IRS website for the status of an amended tax return indicate the refund was issued? - https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

If so, the refund would have been mailed as a check to the address on the amended tax return.

Since you have not received the refund check go to this IRS website to report a lost tax refund - https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/refund-inquiries/refund-inquiries-0

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

You have to call at 7 am on the nose or in the evening. Have your tax information available and be prepared to hold.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies