turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095-C

Filed my 2020 tax return and later that week received a 1095-C from work. I forgot I had signed up for anything as it was never used and I am on my parents insurance (I am 24). Will this affect my return at all as I do not think I checked off anything regarding receiving insurance from work? Unless I didn't receive any coverage from work since I only received a 1095-C.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

1095-C

@chrisq94960 wrote:

I’m not sure if I checked off any boxes for receiving coverage from work if that’s even a step when filing. I didn’t use any of the benefits I may have had as I am still under my parents insurance @DoninGA 

The only time a health insurance form would be entered on a federal tax return is if you had insurance or were covered under a parents plan where the insurance was through one of the state Marketplace Exchanges.  The Form would be 1095-A.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

1095-C

A Form 1095-C is not entered on a tax return.  Keep a copy for your records.

1095-C

I’m not sure if I checked off any boxes for receiving coverage from work if that’s even a step when filing. I didn’t use any of the benefits I may have had as I am still under my parents insurance @DoninGA 

1095-C

@chrisq94960 wrote:

The only time a health insurance form would be entered on a federal tax return is if you had insurance or were covered under a parents plan where the insurance was through one of the state Marketplace Exchanges.  The Form would be 1095-A.

adaleo5579
Returning Member

1095-C

Where do i fill in form 1095-C I can't fine it.

adaleo5579
Returning Member

1095-C

Thank you

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

1095-C

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ for assistance. 

Do I need to enter my 1095-C?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Skippy742

1095-C

I think I'm getting fined.

I have Covered California from July to Dec (1095-A Form), my previous employer sent me 1095-C for Jan to May but there is no where I can enter on Turbo Tax.

I heard if you don't have health insurance for 3 months you are fined. Funny that if I delete my 1095-A from my TurboTax my refund goes up by $1200

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

1095-C

Form 1095-C is just for your records @Skippy742.

nebegay

1095-C

I received a 1095-C from my employer but I'm not able to find a form for 1095-c  to file

1095-C

Can't you see the answers above?  You don't enter a 1095-C or 1095-B.  You only enter a 1095-A if you get one.  

1095-C

@nebegay wrote:

I received a 1095-C from my employer but I'm not able to find a form for 1095-c  to file

A Form 1095-C is not entered on a tax return.  Keep a copy of your records.

1095-C

I did not receive a Form 1095-A, I have a 1095-C as I get my health Insurance through my employer.  Where do I note that on my tax return or more specifically in TT?

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

1095-C

There is no requirement to indicate this on your tax return.  A Form 1095-C is not a required entry for your tax return.  

If you are receiving any errors in regards to the 1095-A you can use the steps below. to move forward.  You can try to enter $1 for the 1095.  This will not affect anything on your return, but having the form there may get the IRS to accept your return.  To do this take the following steps:

1. Click Deductions and Credits
  2. Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More
  3. Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA
  4. As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  If you did NOT, click YES.
  5. Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.
  6. Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP
  7. Walk through to the end and submit your return.

If you need further assistance please update here and one of our tax experts will help you.

@Michael M-T

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies