turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not going to use Turbotax ever again

Wow, I just saw that $60+ was deducted from my bank account and i have not received my refund yet.  So you think most of us common folk are made of money and this is acceptable?  I can now not afford to get my husband's medications.   What do you think we should do about that, huh?  I did not even get any warnings from you.  NO notifications or emails whatsoever that this would happen!!!!!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

Just a word of warning -

Regardless of which tax preparation software vendor you use, if you are offered the option to pay the account fees from a tax refund, they all will have caveats in the agreement where they can access your account to pay for the fees if the refund is reduced or delayed.

So do NOT use that option.  Pay for the account fees up front with a credit or debit card so this situation will Never arise. 

Check your spam since you would have gotten 4 emails warning you of this situation ... when you filed the email address was verified so you should have gotten them.  

FOR THE FUTURE ....   If you qualify you can use one of the 10 IRS FREE FILE options that is  available mid January ... for 2020 your AGI must have been  $72K or less ...  https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies