turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am being audited from the IRS for my 2015 return. I need a complete copy of my TurboTax filing with my individual 1089 forms listed. How can I get a copy?

How can I get a complete detailed copy of my 2015 Turbo Tax filing with each individual 1089 listed that I entered for this year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I am being audited from the IRS for my 2015 return. I need a complete copy of my TurboTax filing with my individual 1089 forms listed. How can I get a copy?

I assume you mean the 1099s you entered ... save a PDF of the return and look at the data entry worksheets for the list. 

See the following TurboTax support FAQ on accessing a copy of a 2015 or earlier return completed using the online editions -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900748-how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-in-turbotax-online

Once the PDF has been downloaded to your computer, you can view or print the return with any PDF compatible viewer, such as Adobe Reader.

You have to sign onto your TurboTax online account with the exact same userid and password you used to create the account.

If you may have forgotten some of your login information, see the following TurboTax support FAQ -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901535-forgot-your-turbotax-user-id-or-password

Or you may have multiple accounts, see this - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901486-problems-associated-with-multiple-turbotax-accounts

If you receive a message that your tax return is Locked or that you need to pay for the account, see this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2926523

No, I actually do mean my 1098's.  My mortgage interest forms.  In 2015, I had several and I need to see a list of the companies and the separate $ amounts that I entered.  When you print your return, it only gives you a total of them all.  This is the same when I print my return on the IRS site too.  Since I am getting audited, I believe one of the mortgage companies sent the IRS the wrong info and I need to compare it with the individual amount that I entered on Turbo Tax :(

TurboTax does not have copies of your 1098's.  You should have saved them for your records.  You may be able to request copies from the mortgage lender.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yeah......somehow I misplaced them.  I have contacted the companies that I can see on the IRS side and I'm not getting the info I'm looking for.  Since you enter each company and each 1098 individually on Turbo Tax, I would think they would have a list of them.  I will try calling the Turbo Tax customer service line tomorrow during business hours.  😕

There is a trick you can use ... in the 2015 timeline choose to amend the return. This way you will download the program and the .tax2015 file that you can open in the program and see all of the data entries... just skip the amendment function.

Thank you SO much Critter#2.......that worked!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies