Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund was accepted but I don't understand as to why I can not track it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Wait 24 hours after your federal return has been accepted before looking it up at Where's My Refund? See also Where's My Refund FAQs.

For states, use your state's refund lookup.

For more information see TurboTax FAQ: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4242575

View solution in original post

44 Replies

Wait 24 hours after your federal return has been accepted before looking it up at Where's My Refund? See also Where's My Refund FAQs.

For states, use your state's refund lookup.

For more information see TurboTax FAQ: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4242575

Mine was accepted the end of January it is now over a week into feb and the irs app keeps saying check my info like it cant find it. The only thing I keep seeing is wait 24 hours after its accepted....but it's been a week.....

Same with me it’s been 5 days and my refund was accepted within 2 hrs of filing and I can’t track either state or federal smh.It makes me nervous.

I’m having the same issue...

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

Note: You will need your social security number, filing status, and refund amount in order to track your refund.

If your return is still pending and not accepted yet by the IRS, you will need to wait until it's accepted to check the status on the IRS website. Be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. Also if you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. If you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers information that appears first on the return.

Another thing it could be is - Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) may experience a refund hold. The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February.

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer. Each state handles its own refunds. Select yours below for refund tracking instructions.

How do I track my state refund?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LadyWolf

Same here and it’s been 18 days since I filed and since I got confirmation that my state and federal were accepted and these turbo guys just copy and paste the same responses. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax returns can disappear from WMR while they are being processed.  

You can try calling the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954 or visit the IRS website.

Here's an article that can also help.  
Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund ...  

@LadyWolf

The same thing happened to me last year but I got my taxes February 27th when everybody claiming a child did. I checked wmr just to see after I got my refund and there still was nothing were supposed to be getting it February 26-28 just be patient I stressed myself out bad last year it's coming don't worry

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

To track your Federal refund, visit the Where’s My Federal Refund? site  You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status

Note: You will need your social security number, filing status, and refund amount in order to track your refund.

If your return is still pending and not accepted yet by the IRS, you will need to wait until it's accepted to check the status on the IRS website. Be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. If you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. Also if you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return.

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

Kobs83

• I have called, used the irstogo app and gone to the irs website and all still say that my information cannot be found. What is going on? I already received my state refund so where is my federal? This is getting ridiculous
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Once a tax return has been accepted by the IRS, it is out of TurboTax's system. Continue to check with the IRS on your refund status. More help has been posted for you below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

Rayshar28

I did my taxes on Feb 21st and they say I should receive it no later than Friday this week. I go to check where’s my refund and they say I’m putting my info in wrong and I know for a fact that it is right. Now I can’t track my refund. My refunds were accepted but I’m still waiting on them to disperse. Is there anything I should know before hand?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS states:

WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED

"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with the irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early. This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also, clear your cache in your browser settings."

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

You might receive this message because:

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
  • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.

Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.

It’s been way over a month since I filled. I got my state but still can’t track my federal 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies