Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My refund was accepted but I don't understand as to why I can not track it?

@ Sydney8 wrote:

My refund was accepted by TurboTax for now 21 days and since the beginning, IRS check my refund never showed my status it shows no track record of my refund is it normal is Turbotax did really filed the tax return? I'm extremely confuse

Double-check that your efiled returns were indeed accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, log in and go to the Tax Home and check the efile status.   If you used the desktop software, you can check with your desktop program.

If that confirms your return was accepted, here are some tips when using the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool:

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any "total refund or net refund (Fed and State)" that TurboTax may have confusingly provided on a screen.  
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

If it's been longer than 21 days, we can tell you how to try to speak to a customer agent at the IRS to see if you can learn anything.

agazaway3

I've sent mine Feb. 20th and was accepted by the IRS Feb. 20th. It has been a month I filed online and I still do not have my refund. There is no tracking indication online from the IRS, I've tried to get in contact on the phone but the lines are always busy and it's next to impossible to schedule an appointment! HELP!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, TurboTax does no longer receives updates and would not be able to provide you with the status of your tax refund. Until the IRS starts processing your tax return there may not be a record of it on the IRS website. You can also try calling the WMR automated hotline for status as well at 1-800-829-1954. 

Please also see the below TurboTax FAQ for more information:

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

@agazaway3

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Joefitz88
Returning Member

Same here my was accept from both state and federal then a week later I checked on the irs website and it went from being received then 2nd Accepted now when I go to log on, it’s saying “can’t receive information about that account”

Joefitz88
Returning Member

My Returns were accepted from both state and federal within 24hrs, then a week later, I checked on the irs website, and it went from being “received”, 2nd…”Accepted” and now, when I go to log on, it’s saying “can’t receive information about that account” WTF IS GOING ON HERE!!!

Joefitz88
Returning Member

This is after already being accepted within the 24 hrs, then a week later, on the irs site, “Track my Refund” went from being “received”…..to “accepted” NOW THIS!!! Enough with the same responses Turbo Tax! GIVE US, YOUR CLIENTS THE INFO THE DESERVE!! 

2225DCB0-6DEA-4C2F-9786-42F21E59A936.jpeg

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

First, you are commenting on an older thread that may have outdated information.  

Once your return has been transmitted, you are then on the IRS' timeline.  TurboTax does not have access to your refund or information on when you will receive your refund deposit. You will obtain this information from the IRS Where's My Refund site.  When entering in your details to track your return, are you including the refund amount and not subtracting any fees?  

Please see this Help Article, which goes over why the IRS site Where's My Return may not show any information for you. 

@Joefitz88

Joefitz88
Returning Member

As I mentioned in my thread on my post yes I put the exact amount that I was supposed to and all the other correct information numerous times just yesterday in the past couple days it’s been saying that my return was excepted and now when I try to logon it’s saying that my information is not correct

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can try calling the WMR automated hotline instead at 1-800-829-1954. 

@Joefitz88

@ Joefitz88 wrote:

As I mentioned in my thread on my post yes I put the exact amount that I was supposed to and all the other correct information numerous times just yesterday in the past couple days it’s been saying that my return was excepted and now when I try to logon it’s saying that my information is not correct

If your return was initially accepted by the IRS and processing started, TurboTax cannot tell you anything specific about what is going on at the IRS after an efile has been accepted.

If the IRS WMR tool was previously able to find your information when you logged into it, but can't find it now, that is not uncommon.   It's even happened to me before.   As the return travels through the IRS system in various stages of processing there are times when it may not show up in the IRS WMR tool.    As long as you saw your refund show up in the IRS WMR tool previously there, then you know they received it and are working on it.

After 21 days from when your efiling was accepted, if you want to phone the IRS (not easy but we can tell you some steps), you may be able to learn something about why there is a delay.

Here are some tips when using the IRS WMR tool or phone system.  You may have already done all this, but others read this thread and may benefit.    This is general info that applies to all users, so some won't apply to you in your current situation, or will be things you've already done.

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after your efile was initially accepted before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a confusing screen that sums them.  
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • As TurboTax @ AkinaLO mentioned above, you can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for a couple of users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954
    It's certainly easy to try, but no guarantee.
bean1961
Returning Member

Why having trouble tracking my refund

@bean1961 wrote:

Why having trouble tracking my refund

What is your story?   When and how did you file?   How have you tried to track it?  

NOTE:  Don't post any personal info in this public Internet forum.

Joefitz88
Returning Member

I do have an update, I received my refund actually on the 5th….so….Really, they were a day early! 🤦‍♂️ Sry for ranting early 

I cannot track my refund and it was accepted on January 29 ,2023. I'm inputting everything correctly and it's still saying I have to wait 24 hours even though it's been 3 weeks.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Help Article, which goes over why the IRS site Where's My Return may not show any information for you. 

@Shaquan4954 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies