turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

apv427
Returning Member

My local taxes are asking for a copy of PA Schedule G-L / G-S, what is that? I can't find it in my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My local taxes are asking for a copy of PA Schedule G-L / G-S, what is that? I can't find it in my taxes?

A PA Schedule G is filed when you are claiming a credit for taxes paid to another state government.  Did you claim a credit on your local return for taxes paid to a governmental body in another state?   That would result in a request for a copy of the PA Schedule G to confirm what you claimed as a local tax credit was correct.

If no PA Schedule G was generated, I suspect that whatever credit you listed on your local tax return was in error.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

A PA Schedule G is filed when you are claiming a credit for taxes paid to another state government.  Did you claim a credit on your local return for taxes paid to a governmental body in another state?   That would result in a request for a copy of the PA Schedule G to confirm what you claimed as a local tax credit was correct.

If no PA Schedule G was generated, I suspect that whatever credit you listed on your local tax return was in error.

apv427
Returning Member

Figured it out, the local tax has one line for Out-of-State, and Philadelphia. I have Philadelphia tax only, so they asked for both. Incase, I had both. Thank you.

You complete Schedule GS/GL (for tax years 2013 and prior), or a Schedule GL (for tax years 2014 and forward) to claim the resident tax credit.

PA Schedule G-L - https://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/FormsforIndividuals/PIT/Documents/pa-40g-l.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies