Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

I am led to believe so.   I filed a complaint with the A.G.   Will see if they respond.   They responded to the IRS saying it was deposited into a GD bank acct & listed the number but no such number exists.  IRS is aware it didn't ever get to my acct.   I won't hold my breath.  The need to be put out of business,  IMHO.  They are either scammers or so incompetent they shouldn't be allowed to operate.   

Chobeegirl2
Returning Member

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

The IRS wouldn't let me get my federal tax refund by check so I had to get a green dot card and now sense I have read all these complaints about green dot I'm scared to even check the green dot account I had to open but I will of course and I hope all goes well and as for everyone that is having trouble with green dot and such I sure am sorry and I absolutely think green dot and the IRS should have special hours and department for such problem as tax payers not having there refunds!!!!!!!!!!

@Chobeegirl2 The IRS wouldn't let me get my federal tax refund by check.  

Why wouldn't they?  Did you want to pay your tax prep fees from your Federal refund?

Fact :   the IRS sends the refunds as a direct deposit  to some bank account  OR  a paper check mailed to the address on the return... only ... period.    If the DD is rejected by the bank then it is returned to the IRS and a paper check is issued.

Fact :   If you choose to have the TT fees withheld from the federal refund then the IRS direct deposits to the third party bank and then the balance of the refund (after all fees are paid)  is either put to a prepaid debit card,  direct deposited to your bank account  OR  a check mailed to the address on the return.  

Fact :  If the third party bank cannot complete the DD to your bank account or to a pre paid debit card then they will convert to a paper check mailed to the address on the tax return.  

It is up to you to track down the refund.  

Mrsevarhymes2022
Returning Member

Hello. This 2 years later and I’m having the same problem. Wondering if you were able to finally get your refund?

Mrsevarhymes2022
Returning Member

I’am having the same problem 2 years later. Did you ever receive your refund if so what steps did you take?

Lfrench58

Same thing here I've been waiting for my refund too I talked to the treasury department and they verified that turbo tax has my money but has yet to deposit it in my account I'm calling and reporting these people and I will Facebook them too this is fraud and thievery.

@Lfrench58 wrote:

Same thing here I've been waiting for my refund too I talked to the treasury department and they verified that turbo tax has my money but has yet to deposit it in my account I'm calling and reporting these people and I will Facebook them too this is fraud and thievery.

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information
On this page you can also scroll down and click on Submit a request

Or https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/

Call 1-877-908-7228

aawep

I just discovered my refund was sent on March 16 to Green Dot.  I have not been able to get my refund.  Any thoughts on how i can get it.

@aawep wrote:

I just discovered my refund was sent on March 16 to Green Dot.  I have not been able to get my refund.  Any thoughts on how i can get it.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information
On this page you can also scroll down and click on Submit a request

Or https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/

Call 1-877-908-7228

Hello I'm falling in the same direction did you ever resolved your issue if they send it out via check how long will it take

It was resolved and they contacted me within a week and sent the complete check within 2-3 weeks. I'm sure it was complaining to the BBB that made them take action. 

So I have an issue also with Green Dot.

The IRS confirms that my 2020 refund was deposited into Green Dot bank. The IRS said that if I filed with Turbo Tax that they use GD as a middle "man" between themselves and IRS to get their fee when customers choose to pay the Turbo Tax fee with their refund. 

I did file with Turbo Tax in 2020 and did chose the option to pay with my return HOWEVER, I had my return amended. 

This took forever on the IRS end of it but then in June of this year I received a notice saying that my check would arrive in 2-3 weeks. It never arrived. It took 5 months to get to talk with a human at the IRS. They told me that GD has my money. Well it is impossible to talk with GD. Their automated has no cue to press any number for my situation and hangs up on me. I called Turbo Tax and they first gave me some other numbers at GD that did the same thing. I have emailed GD and they respond that I need to call the number on the back of my card. I DO NOT HAVE A CARD. When a representative actually called me back, she left a message "sorry I missed you, call back to the number on the back of your card." I HAVE NO CARD.

I called Turbo Tax back and this time the representative said that she is formally trained to tell people not to call GD and to just wait BUT she said others have been calling and complain to her about the same issue. She was told by Turbo Tax to then give out a number that, when I called, has nothing to do with taxes. This person then gave me a number that her superior said to give people who called about this issue and it is for a company called TPG (Tax Product Group). When I calle this number the automated asks for your social security number straight away. WTF SUPER SUSPECT!

Well I finally got in touch with someone at GD by pressing the cue for lost or stolen card. The man tells me that he does not find the routing number that the IRS gave me and that he also needed my social security number. WTF? Well I asked if there was someone else to talk to and he says he is connecting me and then ...you guessed it, I get disconnected. When I immediately call back, the prompts have changed and when I press on the cue for stolen card it gives me the same message as before asking for an account number and hanging up on me when I don't enter one (BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE ONE). 

This is a super scam. 

I wonder how much money Green Dot is stealing from people who do not do their due diligence or have the capacity to open time researching or have trouble with English. I get the feeling that GD has operators that are outside the US due to the South East Asian Accents of the two humans I was actually able to get any contact from. I only say this because it seems like a racket with a company that uses people who have no interest in whether this is resolved for the caller. 

Anyone have any luck retrieving their return from this Green Dot organization?

Eden

So I have an issue also with Green Dot.

The IRS confirms that my 2020 refund was deposited into Green Dot bank. The IRS said that if I filed with Turbo Tax that they use GD as a middle "man" between themselves and IRS to get their fee when customers choose to pay the Turbo Tax fee with their refund. 

I did file with Turbo Tax in 2020 and did chose the option to pay with my return HOWEVER, I had my return amended. 

This took forever on the IRS end of it but then in June of this year I received a notice saying that my check would arrive in 2-3 weeks. It never arrived. It took 5 months to get to talk with a human at the IRS. They told me that GD has my money. Well it is impossible to talk with GD. Their automated has no cue to press any number for my situation and hangs up on me. I called Turbo Tax and they first gave me some other numbers at GD that did the same thing. I have emailed GD and they respond that I need to call the number on the back of my card. I DO NOT HAVE A CARD. When a representative actually called me back, she left a message "sorry I missed you, call back to the number on the back of your card." I HAVE NO CARD.

I called Turbo Tax back and this time the representative said that she is formally trained to tell people not to call GD and to just wait BUT she said others have been calling and complain to her about the same issue. She was told by Turbo Tax to then give out a number that, when I called, has nothing to do with taxes. This person then gave me a number that her superior said to give people who called about this issue and it is for a company called TPG (Tax Product Group). When I calle this number the automated asks for your social security number straight away. WTF SUPER SUSPECT!

Well I finally got in touch with someone at GD by pressing the cue for lost or stolen card. The man tells me that he does not find the routing number that the IRS gave me and that he also needed my social security number. WTF? Well I asked if there was someone else to talk to and he says he is connecting me and then ...you guessed it, I get disconnected. When I immediately call back, the prompts have changed and when I press on the cue for stolen card it gives me the same message as before asking for an account number and hanging up on me when I don't enter one (BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE ONE). 

This is a super scam. 

I wonder how much money Green Dot is stealing from people who do not do their due diligence or have the capacity to open time researching or have trouble with English. I get the feeling that GD has operators that are outside the US due to the South East Asian Accents of the two humans I was actually able to get any contact from. I only say this because it seems like a racket with a company that uses people who have no interest in whether this is resolved for the caller. 

Anyone have any luck retrieving their return from this Green Dot organization?

Eden

I have been battling with green dot, Santa Barbra tax group and the IRS for 10 months now and NO I still do not have my money.. I filed a complaint against all 3 companies with the BBB and finally some head way or so I thought.. In September the Santa Barbara Tax group supposedly returned my money to the IRS but according them them they never received it.. I call EVERYDAY and still nothing.. I believe this company is a scam but I'm not sure what else to do.. Green dot is definitely a waste of time they only hang up if you ever manage to talk to anyone they just hang up.. Turbo tax is the same they say they have nothing to do with it.. They stole $11,100 from me!! Next I will try my local government and news channels to get help.. try to file a complaint against all three companies and stick to your guns.. if I manage to get this resolved I will post how I did.. But I doubt I will ever get my money outside of a lawsuit.. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies