Solved: My daughter signed up for the prepaid card and doesn't want it now It hasn't been activated. How can this be solved ?

My daughter signed up for the prepaid card and doesn't want it now It hasn't been activated. How can this be solved ?

If you requested to have the refund put on a prepaid debit card, you need to call the processing bank to see if they will accept a change request.  Likely they will agree to mail a check to the address on the tax return, they may not agree to change the deposit bank (to prevent from getting tricked into diverting people's refunds to scammers).  If you also agreed to have Turbotax fees deducted from the refund, that service charge will still apply.

You can contact Santa Barbara Bank & Trust (SBBT) customer service at 877-908-7228 or visit their website www.sbtpg.com

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**

The taxes weren't filed yet nor has the card been activated. She doesn't want it

In that case, just change the option in the File interview.  She will need to pay any fees with a credit card, then the refund can be paid by the IRS directly to her checking account via direct deposit or she can have a check mailed to her.