turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I took cash advance loans 2015/2016 and my payments are over $65,000. It makes my income tax a negative $24,000. Was I to put the deposit into my total depoisit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I took cash advance loans 2015/2016 and my payments are over $65,000. It makes my income tax a negative $24,000. Was I to put the deposit into my total depoisit?

If your Schedule C business borrowed money, only the interest paid on the loans would appear on your income tax return as a business expense.  Neither the loan proceed nor the loan repayments would appear on Schedule C.  The loan is not income and repayment is not an expense.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Personal loans and the interest paid on the personal loan is not reported or deductible on a tax return.

OP's screen name suggests this might be a business.

This was business cash advance loans only done in regards to my business monthly deposits

I paid back $65,000 on these business loans in 2016

I am a business. I took out 4 loans called merchant Cash advances. High interest

Payments of principal are never deductible.  Interest on a business loan is deductible by the business.
However, you have not indicated the type of business: solo, S Corp, C Corp, Partnership.

Loans you got are not income and are not deductible.  You only deduct the actual expenses you paid for using the loan money.  You can deduct the interest you pay on them.

And I suggest you look into alternate forms of financing.

If your Schedule C business borrowed money, only the interest paid on the loans would appear on your income tax return as a business expense.  Neither the loan proceed nor the loan repayments would appear on Schedule C.  The loan is not income and repayment is not an expense.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies