Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It's been more than 10 weeks and the IRS is still playing with my **bleep** money

@TobyR Sorry----I do not work for TurboTax and have no stake in defending the refund processing fee.   In fact I wish that users would not agree to it or that they would read more carefully before they do agree to it.   It ends up costing people an extra $40 ($45 in CA)  to use that service --- it is better to pay the fees upfront using a credit or debit card.   Yours is another unfortunate cautionary tale for others-----READ what you are agreeing to when you prepare your return to avoid this situation.    

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It's been more than 10 weeks and the IRS is still playing with my **bleep** money

Thank you very much and I do agree with you. At this imposible stage, I am engaging the help of the Tax Advocate. If I weren't in a hurry, I would havve done my own taxes without turbotax. I realize that I am tied to a certain language. I often find myeelf trying to correct something.

Thanks for your imput!1

@Romani 128  

Your English seems fluent enough.

Striving for correctness is the path to fluency.

Hekili
Returning Member

12 years with Turbo Tax. No problems. This year have a refund filed in March. My fee for services rendered to be deducted from my federal tax return. Fine. Same as usual. Now this being late June, no Tax return and Turbo Tax gonna take money outta my  checking account I do not have. Till maybe next week when other bill payments clear and I get paid again from work.

@Hekili wrote:

12 years with Turbo Tax. No problems. This year have a refund filed in March. My fee for services rendered to be deducted from my federal tax return. Fine. Same as usual. Now this being late June, no Tax return and Turbo Tax gonna take money outta my  checking account I do not have. Till maybe next week when other bill payments clear and I get paid again from work.

Then call TurboTax using the phone number on the emails you received to delay the payment of the TurboTax account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

I filed March 15th through this service.  The first time, I saw a message that I had fix something.  Been so long, I don't remember what it was.  Corrected it and sent back.  Got a message from TT, that whatever it was was fixed and IRS accepted date was the same date.  And I too was quoted more.  A lot more than I thought I was going to receive.  I am so frustrated right now that I'm going to not even look at where's my refund.  

@oldskule56 You do not have to look at the Where's My Refund site if you choose not to look, but it is the only place where you can track your refund.   TurboTax cannot track it for you.   TT does not get any information after you file your tax return.   Watch your account for the refund ---whenever it is issued.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

For those of us that it went to our spam-..... I called the day after "the deadline" I was told "there is nothing they can do" and still got charged a week later. You and @xmasbaby0  defending turbo tax for being shiesty, without even acknowledging the fact they MISCALCULATED returns and now are charging people for THEIR MISTAKES! 

@Gretta2u  Same here going through the same thing and Turbo Tax has proven to be heartless to the people during a time where everyone is trying to get back on their feet. Someone is probably going to respond with another FAQ copy and paste that we all don't give a **bleep** about to tell us if we have financial troubles to call their support. Blasé blasé; I am sending you lots of luck and peace during these unprecedented times. This will be my last year filing with Turbo Tax as well. 

Thanks for the comment Captain obvious!!!!

@oldskule56  You know Turbo Tax is a joke. I highly recommend this be the last year you are filing with these imbeciles.

Mommabass

Same here! Over my “10 weeks”. So is my boyfriend, daughter and several buddy’s. When u call the IRS choose the option to pay them money for a balance u owe. ONLY way to get to someone is if they think they r gonna get money from ya. Did that this mornin. If u get the wrong “department” tell them you’ve been waiting for hours(even if u havent) ask them to connect u directly to someone who can please help u. B like look I lost my job I need that money..(they lie to us all the time way I see it. 21 days my as$!?) 

they didn’t give me an updated date or could tell me why I still didn’t have it. No errors were showing. So didn’t do much good. But that is how I got through to em. Told me it could b up to 16-18 weeks.. I was like wtf? Y’all want me to come help y’all process it?? Single mom here. Was shorted on stimulus payments and I’m poor enough to qualify fir the child tax credit.. yayyyy I’m the winner!! Lol. So why the hell hold people’s taxes like that is my question?? I mean if I made over 100 g a year I probably wouldn’t b so stressed but alas

When spoke with a turbo tax rep. they told me that my state is taking out of my tax refund. Now what do I to pay my state tax?

@Jinkerson66 

You misunderstood.

Your state tax due cannot be paid from your federal refund. 

It is not possible to pay your state tax due from your federal refund, nor is it possible to pay a federal tax due from a state refund.  The federal and state treasuries are completely separate from each other.  You may have seen a TurboTax summary of your federal and state amounts that confused you into thinking one was “paying” the other.  It is not. The ONLY thing you can pay for from a federal refund is your TurboTax fees if you chose that option.  

You must pay your state tax due using the state’s preferred method of receiving payment.  For most states that will be by making a payment to the state’s own tax website, or by mailing a check or money order.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900884-what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-for-pay...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901670-how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue

Is turbo going to pay my penalties and fees to the state of Indiana for because of this issue of no receiving my tax return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies