Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is anyone having problems with their deposit from TPG to their bank account? All of my bank info was correct and TPG says it was sent May 18th but I have not gotten it?

TPG says I should have been gotten it and even was on three way to talk to my bank but still nothing. I called the treasury offset program and nothing was owed so it was not withheld.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Is anyone having problems with their deposit from TPG to their bank account? All of my bank info was correct and TPG says it was sent May 18th but I have not gotten it?

Was the three-way call between you, your bank, and TPG?

Does TPG say they received your initial deposit from the IRS at their intermediary bank?

And does TPG say that they then sent it electronically to your bank account after subtracting the TurboTax fees?

If so, have you kept checking the TPG refund tool in case the deposit was returned to them (TPG)?

To log in, choose the "For taxpayers" portal.  Then at the next page choose "Check with TPG."

https://www.sbtpg.com/

Since electronic deposits use the ACH (Automated Clearing House) system, TPG should be able to have ACH trace the deposit.

Yes I was on the phone with TPG and my bank. TPG collected bank processing and TurboTax fees. They keep saying it was not returned and they sent it successfully but my bank doesn't see anything pending since May 18th. TPG say they can't cancel it because it was successfully sent and my banking info was correct. I have been with TurboTax and Stash for years and never had a problem

Well your issue is with your bank and/or the processing bank ....  and no one here on this forum  or at TT can help you with that problem. 

@sihill wrote:

Yes I was on the phone with TPG and my bank. TPG collected bank processing and TurboTax fees. They keep saying it was not returned and they sent it successfully but my bank doesn't see anything pending since May 18th. TPG say they can't cancel it because it was successfully sent and my banking info was correct. I have been with TurboTax and Stash for years and never had a problem

"I have been with TurboTax and Stash for years and never had a problem."

You just introduced another variable you hadn't mentioned before.  You just mentioned Stash.  I know very little about that product, but just did some Internet searching.    It appears to be an innovative product for both banking and investing small amounts.    It's not clear how you choose to receive the deposit in Stash.  Does it go to a Stash debit card, to a brokerage cash account, or what?  If you have both types of accounts, could it have ended up in the other cash account?

Interestingly, Stash is a banking service powered by Green Dot.   TPG is also a Green Dot company.

I have a checking account with them as well and TPG has the correct account and routing number. My stimulus deposited with no problem and I have never had any problems with them

CLE216
Returning Member

Does anyone have the actual direct customer service number to tpg.

• My bank rejected the funds because I closed that account especially since my refund was months late so now I'm hoping that they'll either send me a check or I can give him the new account information and has anyone had any issues with getting the refund check mailed in a small short window of time

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yeah sure you can try calling and/or e-mailing SBTPG, but you will not get a straight answer from their representatives. I've called several x's in the past 6 days and every time I get an automated message claiming a payment has been made on whatever date it happens to be. Thus far, I've been told they made a payment of $7410 to me on 02/24/22, 02/25/22, 02/28/22 and finally, today's date, 03/01/2022. They have not made any payments as they've claimed. I should also add that the IRS sent SBTPG my federal refund amount of $7518 to their account on 02/18/22, which posted in full on 02/23/22. You should also be prepared to be placed on a 2-3 hour hold. I pray every one of you who reads this gets the money that is owed asap. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies