Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joeycato

IRS has the updated 1040X as of 1/19 yet Turbo Tax says it wont be released till 2/8/2019 that date has come and almost past and it still wont let it amend my 2018 return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

IRS has the updated 1040X as of 1/19 yet Turbo Tax says it wont be released till 2/8/2019 that date has come and almost past and it still wont let it amend my 2018 return

The approved 1040X form was released today 2/8, by the IRS. This is also the first time that TurboTax will have access to it as well. In order for the form to be used in our system, extensive programming and testing need to be done. At this time, the current estimated date that the 1040X will be available for TurboTax filers in our system is 3/7/2019. The date you see on the form (1/19) mean its for 1/19 tax year, not the actual date it was available. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below that will be updated with instructions to file your amended return with TurboTax once it is implemented in our system.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

10 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

The approved 1040X form was released today 2/8, by the IRS. This is also the first time that TurboTax will have access to it as well. In order for the form to be used in our system, extensive programming and testing need to be done. At this time, the current estimated date that the 1040X will be available for TurboTax filers in our system is 3/7/2019. The date you see on the form (1/19) mean its for 1/19 tax year, not the actual date it was available. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below that will be updated with instructions to file your amended return with TurboTax once it is implemented in our system.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jason14

I'm confused: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040x.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040x.pdf</a> shows a box for calendar year 2018 to amend.  If it is not expected until the 22nd why does the site tell me the 8th, and why is the form available from the IRS?
joeycato

According to the response to my question , it gets tested out on there system before Turbo tax will release it . Makes sense , work out all the bugs .
Jason14

Yeah the response mentions that which is helpful but the generic amendment quote below seems out of place and if you try to amend your taxes they don't mention the 22nd at all just that it will be available on the 8th.  Two different departments not fully in sync it seems.
joeycato

I agree

All  i need to do is check someone else can claim me . I don't think my refund changes. My mother cannot file hers and claim me until I do that,
Jason14

Today it was supposed to go live, I logged in at 2am CST to find it still saying today.  Get home from work and now its 3/7.  I appreciate the need for functionality but :(
pcole42

first the 8th, then the 14th, then the 22nd, then the 28th, now the 7th, as each day comes they just push out a week.  someone should be fired.  this is just laziness by intuit.  we need real answers, because I need to file, cannot keep waiting, as another return is waiting on this amended return.  intuit, we need answers not bullshit.
pcole42

I would  be embarrased at this lack of accountability, and intuit execs should be as well

How to amend an Online return. The Amended return is delayed https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7159321 https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies