Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irs Accepted

@Arkerianance101 wrote:

ive been trying to contact them idk what number to call. it still says still pending i filed January 20th got approved on the 12th of February and still no refund... but i do have a tax topic  152. just dont know what to do because turbo told me 3/3/2021 

The IRS is running behind due to COVID and a huge amount of early tax returns being filed this year.

21 days is not a magic number - it is just an average.

TurboTax only gives the general IRS (most returns are processed within 21 days) date. The actual date is known only by the IRS. TurboTax also does not adjust the general date for anything on the tax return. TurboTax receives no feedback from the IRS after filing.

The IRS says most refunds will be issued within 21 days - some faster, some longer.

Each tax return is evaluated on it's own merits. There is no first-in-first-out. Two similar tax return submitted at the same time can have totally different processing times based on IRS criteria for examining tax returns that the IRS does not divulge.

Some returns will be held for ID verification or other verification. The IRS will send a letter if they require more information to process your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Check your refund stratus here:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Check your state refund here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Irs Accepted

I called yesterday and they wouldn’t tell me anything since 21 days from February 12 wasn’t until Friday March 5

Irs Accepted

It’s Turbo Tax software. We all just need a new tax preparer company. There are tons of people that were accepted on 2/11 when the IRS doesn’t accept them until 2/12, and they all used Turbo Tax. 

Irs Accepted

You are 100% correct

Irs Accepted

@Scornedtaxmomma87 wrote:

It’s Turbo Tax software. We all just need a new tax preparer company. There are tons of people that were accepted on 2/11 when the IRS doesn’t accept them until 2/12, and they all used Turbo Tax. 

The IRS processing system does not know who you filed with.

Of course TurboTax customers will have more delays because  more taxpayers file with TurboTax than any other tax company.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Irs Accepted

I think we are all going through the same thing 😭

Irs Accepted

@macuser_22  Nobody cares at this point about the reasons for the delay. People want the money they’re entitled to. Stop making excuses for Turbo Tax already 

Irs Accepted

I couldn't care less about TurboTax.  I am telling you how it works at the IRS.

Irs Accepted

[phone number removed] press 1 then enter 652 I had to call about 25 times before it allowed me to hold for about 15 minutes then I was able to speak to someone. Hope this helps.

Irs Accepted

Wow they removed the number from my post ok it is [removed] if they remove again go to the Facebook Where’s my refund group in the comments you will find it and much more info on there than here

Irs Accepted

On hold trying to speak with someone now, but delays have nothing to do with TT. I did my friend's taxes 2/26 with TT and she just got her refund a few minutes ago. Claimed both EITC and CTC. 

Irs Accepted

@macuser_22  Oh, so you work or have worked for the IRS?

Irs Accepted

No, but I have been dealing with them for many years.

Irs Accepted

@lgraham724  Lots of people who filed with TT and was accepted from February 9 to the 12th are still waiting. Coincidence? I wouldn’t bet on it 

Irs Accepted

And conversely many people who filed between 02/07 and 02/12 with TurboTax have already received their federal tax refunds.  But they would not be posting here on this forum.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies