turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I’ve filed my Indiana returns electronically and authorized auto debit for the $38 I owe on 4/13. Turbo tax printed out a form and the instruction tell me to include the payment with the form??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I’ve filed my Indiana returns electronically and authorized auto debit for the $38 I owe on 4/13. Turbo tax printed out a form and the instruction tell me to include the payment with the form??

If you included your bank information with your state tax return you do not have to mail the coupon with payment, it is a convenience for people who mail a check or you can use it as a reminder that the money will be taken out of your bank.  Please check your bank a few days after you indicated that payment should be taken out just to be sure it went through.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you included your bank information with your state tax return you do not have to mail the coupon with payment, it is a convenience for people who mail a check or you can use it as a reminder that the money will be taken out of your bank.  Please check your bank a few days after you indicated that payment should be taken out just to be sure it went through.

My question is similar except that I paid the $5.00 I owed via DORpay, Indiana's electronic payment system for all personal and business taxes, so there is no bank information on the tax form. I have a printed receipt and a Payment Locator Number(PLN) which was the confirmation provided after making my payment, but the instructions regarding the post-filing coupon are confusing. It says "DO NOT mail ...coupon with payment until your return has been accepted... However, if your return still hasn't been accepted by the due date (today) don't wait. Go ahead and mail your post filing coupon with your payment." They already have my payment. Do I need to mail anything? Will I need to mail anything? The receipt from DORpay has a virtual "post mark date" dated today. How or when will I know whether my electronic filing has been accepted? (This was my first experience filing taxes).
saniadam

TurboTax should be able to make it very clear to customers filing tax return and choose to have their bank account debited on a certain date to pay the tax to teh IRS. There should be a clear statement from Turbotax that the intention of the customer is recognized. Printing out 4 payment vouchers with different dates is not something the customers want to see when they have elected to pay from their bank accounts. Even more confusing, TurboTax does not mention anything about the set up the costumers just made before finishing their tax returns.
MDJSC

I put in my bank information, then it tells me to print this post filing coupon, and send in with payment! I thought I just paid ?? Which is it, and why doesn't Turbo tax clarify? 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you paid your tax owed by Direct Debit from your bank account for your 2021 taxes, your Filing Instructions should verify that.

Since you owed tax in 2021, could the 'coupon' be a Payment Voucher for Estimated Taxes for 2022?

You're not required to make estimated tax payments; we're just suggesting it based on the info in your return. If you feel they're not needed for next year's taxes, you can shred them.

If this applies, click this link for more info on Making Estimated Tax Payments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies