If you’re at risk for an underpayment penalty next year, we'll automatically calculate quarterly estimated tax payments and prepare vouchers (Form 1040-ES) for you to print. Mail your payment along with the corresponding 1040-ES voucher to the IRS address listed on the voucher. Quarterly payment due dates are printed on each voucher.
Here are additional estimated tax payment options available at the IRS Payment website:
- IRS Direct Pay from your checking or savings account
- Pay online or by phone using the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS)
- Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW), only available during e-filing
- Same-day wire transfer from your bank
- Cash payment at a retail partner
You also have the option when you file your return to apply some or all of your refund to your estimated tax payments for the coming tax year.
- When are federal estimated taxes for individual returns due?
- Can TurboTax calculate next year's federal estimated taxes?
- Why did 1040-ES estimated tax vouchers print out? Do I need them?
- Do I need to make estimated tax payments to the IRS?
- Can TurboTax calculate the estimated payments for next year's state taxes?