Solved: If you have received a letter from the IRS asking ...

kcufxchuck

Do i amend my taxes to add a 1095-a form so the 8962 form can be completed as well ?

TeresaM

If you have received a letter from the IRS asking for form 8962 and recalculated 1040, page 2

Please check which tax year the letter references.

Because you purchased your health insurance through Healthcare.gov or a state marketplace, Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit (PTC) should have been included in your return. It’s used to calculate the amount of your Premium Tax Credit and reconcile any advance payments you received to help pay your health insurance premium.

We’ll help you complete this form with Turbo Tax and you do not have to submit an amendment, just print off and return the forms the letter specified.  If the letter is for tax year 2016, follow the directions below. If the letter is for tax year 2015 or 2014, please click on the link at the bottom. 

·         Sign into Turbo Tax

·         Click My Turbo Tax in the upper left. This will take you to My Tax Timeline 

·         Scroll to the bottom for Some things you can do

·         Select Amend (change) return and then Amend Using Turbo Tax

·         Don't click to Continue into the Amend section, simply go to the top and

·         Click on the Federal Taxes tab and then the Health Insurance tab

·         Answer the questions about your health coverage

·         On the That’s all we need on your 2016 coverage screen, click Done with Health

·         Select My Account at the top, in the blue

·         Select Print Center

·         Print, save, or preview this year’s return 

·         Click on Print to print the forms you need

·         You can view the forms from here and select just to print the pages with

·         Form 8962 and either Form 1040 or 1040A 

·         Or you can select forms filed with the government plus all worksheets

·         Then Save to my computer and simply print those specific pages from the pdf

·         Mail the following to the IRS address on your IRS letter:

1.       Form 1040 or 1040A – make sure to sign and date Page 2 of the Form 1040 or 1040A

2.       Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit;

3.       Copy of your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement

4.       A copy of the IRS letter that you received.

For letters for the tax year 2015 or 2014, please see instructions below.

TeresaM

·         Sign into Turbo Tax

·         Select Print Center

2.       Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit;

kcufxchuck

Oh my god! Thank you so much!!!! You've saved me a headache forsure!!!! 10000000 gold stars for you! Thank you so much Teresa!
David Reed

Can you fill out my 8962 for 2019 return if I supply 1095-A ?

IRS is requesting both forms for 2019 return you filled out

@David Reed wrote:

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409