turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Print my return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kadian

Print my return

If you are looking for instructions on how to print your return:

1. Sign in to your account with the same login you used to file your return.
  • If you can't remember, go here so we can help you get log in.
  • Once you're signed in, click Taxes in the top-left corner. This will take you to your Tax Timeline. 
  • Scroll to the bottom for Some things you can do. From here, you can click to download and print your taxes. 
    • Tip: Click Download all forms and worksheets (current-year returns only) for all the calculation worksheets.
  • Your return will open in Adobe Reader. Click the "printer" icon to open the Print window (or select Print from the File menu in the upper left corner).
  • Make any adjustments in the Print window, such as number of copies, and then click the Print button at the bottom.
  • If nothing prints or the PDF saves instead of prints, repeat Step 4 and then:
    • Click the Advanced button near the top of the popup window;
    • Clear the Print to File checkbox;
    • Click OK,and then click the Print button again.

When you print the "hard copy" of the return you filed, it'll include extra documentation and calculation worksheets for your files. However, it won't include W-2, 1099, or any other forms from your employer, bank, brokerage (etc.) because TurboTax didn't generate those forms. Contact the party who originally issued those forms if you need those.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
    Kadian

Print my return

If you are looking for instructions on how to print your return:

1. Sign in to your account with the same login you used to file your return.
    • If you can't remember, go here so we can help you get log in.
  • Once you're signed in, click Taxes in the top-left corner. This will take you to your Tax Timeline. 
  • Scroll to the bottom for Some things you can do. From here, you can click to download and print your taxes. 
    • Tip: Click Download all forms and worksheets (current-year returns only) for all the calculation worksheets.
  • Your return will open in Adobe Reader. Click the "printer" icon to open the Print window (or select Print from the File menu in the upper left corner).
  • Make any adjustments in the Print window, such as number of copies, and then click the Print button at the bottom.
  • If nothing prints or the PDF saves instead of prints, repeat Step 4 and then:
    • Click the Advanced button near the top of the popup window;
    • Clear the Print to File checkbox;
    • Click OK,and then click the Print button again.

When you print the "hard copy" of the return you filed, it'll include extra documentation and calculation worksheets for your files. However, it won't include W-2, 1099, or any other forms from your employer, bank, brokerage (etc.) because TurboTax didn't generate those forms. Contact the party who originally issued those forms if you need those.

Print my return

This method did not work for myself, after I tried several times.

AkinaLO
    Intuit Alumni

Print my return

Here's an article that will help you trobleshoot printing issues.

Troubleshoot printing issues in TurboTax Online - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
    **Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Print my return

yes

CassLO
    Intuit Alumni

Print my return

@raywanda37 If the above instructions did not work, you can also try printing your tax return following the instructions below:

For the TurboTax Online Version, to download and print all of the current years forms and worksheets:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account
    2. Click on Tax Home
    3. Scroll to bottom of page
    4. Click on Add a State (we're not really going to add anything)
    5. Click on Tax tools (left menu)
    6. Click on Print Center
    7. Click on Print, save or preview this year's return
    8. Put a check mark in the box for Federal Returns and State Returns (if you have one, or more).
    9. Click Include government and TurboTax worksheets
    10. Click View or print forms
    11. A new window will open that will give you the option to download and/or print.   This will include all forms and worksheets, including vouchers.
    BGS
    Returning Member

Print my return

Please Please !!!!! just print a copy for me and send it to me. I will pay you whatever the cost is for salary and postage.

I have spent hours on the PDF process and accomplished nothing . I have been a Turbotax customer for several years an this is the first time I have had any issues. NO MORE INSTRUCTIONS JUST SEND ME A COPY OF MY RETURN PLEASE I WILL WORK ON THIS ISSUE LATER .

PS; My wife is sick an need me now not my taxes.

Bill Spoon

MichelleLO
    Intuit Alumni

Print my return

Unfortunately, we do not have access to your personal tax information in this public forum. If you'd like to speak to a TurboTax Customer Support Representative for assistance, please follow the directions in this FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?

@BGS

Pisces0312
    Returning Member

Print my return

Hi,

I have tried many times to print my 2020 1040 Tax return.

Although saved as a PDF file I cannot print from it.

What to do?

Print my return

@Pisces0312 wrote:

Hi,

What to do?

You must have a PDF compatible application on your computer to print the PDF of the tax return, such as Adobe Reader - https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Print my return

@ Pisces0312 wrote:

What to do?

Are you able to open the PDF and view the individual pages?    It can be opened in a PDF reader or can be opened in browser.    What are you using--a PDF reader, or are you opening the PDF in a browser?    If you have been using a browser to open it, you can try to open it a different browser, but all of the well-known browsers should be able to open/print a PDF.    

If you are using Windows, you can right-click the saved PDF file you downloaded, and in the popup menu choose "Open With" to choose the program you want to open it.   There's probably a similar process with Mac, but the method is possibly different.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
    Manage cookies