Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I receive a deposit from TPG Products Sbtpg LLC but it isn’t no where near my whole refund, am I getting that back? Or no?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

35 Replies

If I receive a deposit from TPG Products Sbtpg LLC but it isn’t no where near my whole refund, am I getting that back? Or no?

TurboTax never gets information from the IRS or state when they reduce your refund.   Check the IRS site to see how much the refund they issued to you was.  And remember that if the third party bank is involved you are having your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund and you get the rest.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I did check with the IRS. My original refund was for $397 and that was confirmed. And I only received $61 from an unknown deposit. I didn’t have any fees because mine were simple

Last year they had a similar issue where this exact thing was happening and those weren’t receiving their whole deposit 

If you had no fees there would be no reason to involve the 3rd party bank.   That bank is only involved if you used a paid version of the software and then chose to have your fees deducted from your federal refund.

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

On my IRS2GO app it saying my refund isn’t even scheduled to come til tomorrow. 

Also I wasn’t supposed to be charged fee’s, that’s the whole point of me saying this. At the end of my doing my returns it said I can be exempted from the paid thing

Contact the bank to find out what that deposit was for.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

How do I get ahold with TurboTax about these fees? I wasn’t supposed to be charged fees!

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

JulieS
Expert Alumni

You may have had a treasury offset, that is when the Treasury Department has seized a portion of your refund to pay a debt.

Please call the Treasury Offset Program at 800-304-3107 to find out if this is what happened to you. 

Please click here to learn more about the Offset Program.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
neal0788

The same thing just happened to me.  I WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN.  Charging me over $100 for 1040EZ form.  OUTRAGEOUS.  THIS IS LEGAL ROBBERY.  They charged me $ 59.95 for a "software upgrade" in order to send my return electronically.  EVERYONE I KNOW WILL HEAR OF THIS SERVICE, AND EVERYONE THAT I CAN REACH "ELECTRONICALLY", AND I WON'T CHARGE THEM ANYTHING TO DO IT. 

Kcrossett

Taxslayer is $99 now too, and they try to rope you into $75 MORE as you file if you want to pull from ADP or other places automatically.  Ridiculous thievery.  

where is my money.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

You will need to contact TPG for information regarding your refund. They are one who handles your refund if you elect to pay your fees with your refund. You can also check out this TPG Refund Tracker to check on your refund.

@cork screw 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies