Deceased taxpayer can I direct deposit the return to my bank account

If a refund is due you should also complete Form 1310, Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer, and file it with the tax return. You should request a paper check for the refund. Direct deposit to an account that is not in the deceased taxpayer's name can be rejected by the bank.

Form 1310 doesn't have a box to identify a request to have the attached joint return refund check be issued in my name only.

Has a box for reissuing a check.  I don't want to have to wait for the check and have to send it back.

I don't yet know the answers to all of the questions on Part II.

Instructions say you don't have to file Form 1310 if you are a surviving spouse and filing a joint return.

And yes I do want a paper check.

My husband died. I filed his return using Turbotax. At the end of filing I was asked if the taxpayer is deceased...I checked yes,entered MY direct deposit info and received his tax refund. Hope my info. helps.