Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Deceased taxpayer can I direct deposit the return to my bank account

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

If a refund is due you should also complete Form 1310, Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer, and file it with the tax return. You should request a paper check for the refund. Direct deposit to an account that is not in the deceased taxpayer's name can be rejected by the bank.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

If a refund is due you should also complete Form 1310, Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer, and file it with the tax return. You should request a paper check for the refund. Direct deposit to an account that is not in the deceased taxpayer's name can be rejected by the bank.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Returning Member

Form 1310 doesn't have a box to identify a request to have the attached joint return refund check be issued in my name only.

Has a box for reissuing a check.  I don't want to have to wait for the check and have to send it back.

I don't yet know the answers to all of the questions on Part II.

Instructions say you don't have to file Form 1310 if you are a surviving spouse and filing a joint return.

Highlighted
Returning Member

Form 1310 doesn't have a box to identify a request to have the attached joint return refund check be issued in my name only.

Has a box for reissuing a check.  I don't want to have to wait for the check and have to send it back.

I don't yet know the answers to all of the questions on Part II.

Instructions say you don't have to file Form 1310 if you are a surviving spouse and filing a joint return.

And yes I do want a paper check.

Highlighted
Level 1

My husband died. I filed his return using Turbotax. At the end of filing I was asked if the taxpayer is deceased...I checked yes,entered MY direct deposit info and received his tax refund. Hope my info. helps.