Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hoganbuffer
Returning Member

I need to send you the letter received yesterday from IRS. They stated I owe more $4983 for the 2017 taxes. TurboTax calculated by 2017 taxes so I want you to review.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I need to send you the letter received yesterday from IRS. They stated I owe more $4983 for the 2017 taxes. TurboTax calculated by 2017 taxes so I want you to review.

I suggest you visit the TurboTax Audit Support Center (link below).

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

hoganbuffer
Returning Member

The information is provided above.  I received a mail from IRS stating that I owe more $4983 for the 2017 taxes.  TurboTax has worked for me for years, I can not understand the letter from IRS, and I am sure you could determine whether I owe more tax money or not.  I hope for an email from you so I can send you the IRS letter I received and I know you can evaluate the letter.

My name is [name removed], my home residence is at [address removed], but I also live most of the time in California where the address is [address removed].  My cellphone is [phone number removed].

Thank you.

Please edit your post to remove your personal information. This is a public forum and it is not safe to post personal information. Thank you.

No.  Do not try to send your IRS letter to TurboTax or post it here in this very PUBLIC user forum.  Read the letter carefully and see what it says was entered incorrectly.  Compare it to your own copy of your tax return and the worksheets you saved with your return.  When you have a better understanding of what the letter is saying to you post back but without any of your personal information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/irs/help/i-got-a-letter-or-notice-from-the-irs/00/27100

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-is-the-turbotax-audit-support-guarantee...

I AM BEING AUDITED

If you purchased Audit Defense:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2924451-i-bought-max-or-audit-defense-and-now-i-m-being-audited

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Oh goodness!  You posted all of your personal contact information on this very public user forum where any identity thief or scammer can see it and then contact you pretending to be from TurboTax.  Go back to your posting and look for those three little blue dots in the upper right corner. Click them to edit your post and remove your name and address, etc. ASAP.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

you left a lot of personal info.   a NO-NO on a public forum.   contact audit support as described above.  even though you remove your phone number,  sometimes it's in the original email that people subscribed to this forum receive so anyone calling and claiming to be from TT could be a scammer.  be wary.  very wary.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies