I mailed my taxes 2 months ago, no response status...

I mailed my taxes 2 months ago, no response status yet

I mailed my taxes 2 months ago after my e-file attempt was rejected. I have not received a response status yet. Track my refund information on IRS website has no data available. My wife changed her immigration status, therefore a new SSN was used this year and not a ITIN as previous years. I'm thinking that could be the reason why? 

There is no one available on the IRS phone line for assistance....

They are not processing mailed returns right now.  The mail is stacking up in trailers at the IRS.

See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Thank you for the information. I wouldn't know how to proceed, my e-file is getting rejected and I don't know why. I enter the correct AGI to verify but no luck..

Do you know how I can get my  five-digit number from last year?

If you already mailed your return then you are done.  Do not efile it.  You can only file one return.  You have to wait on the IRS.