turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Samina0683
Returning Member

I'm having trouble getting in touch with turbo tax, I paid money for them too file my return and have gotten no indication that turbo tax filed my 2018 taxes. If I do not get a response I will contact my bank and file charges against turbo tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Samina0683
Returning Member

I'm having trouble getting in touch with turbo tax, I paid money for them too file my return and have gotten no indication that turbo tax filed my 2018 taxes. If I do not get a response I will contact my bank and file charges against turbo tax

I got an email from turbo tax with the receipt for the ammount turbo tax charged to file it. Also it seems turbo tax also is not.gving me access to my account either. I've tried calling costumer service number and have not been able to speak with an agent. If I do not get an adequate response

I will contact my bank and file a formal complaint 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on 2018

What is the status of the e-filed federal tax return?  If the status is anything other than Accepted then the tax return was not e-filed.  If you did not print and mail the federal tax return then the return was never filed.

Click on Download/print return (PDF)

A 2018 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for accessing prior year online tax returns - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/01/270...

TurboTax does NOT file your tax for you - you must file it yourself.   The money you pay to TurboTax is to pay for the use of the software to prepare your return.  Paying does NOT automatically file the return.  It is your responsibility to be sure that  the return was transmitted by verifying that you received emails from TurboTax that says it was transmitted and another email that says that it was accepted by the IRS.    Until both emails are received the return is not filed.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Samina0683
Returning Member

I got an email from turbo tax with the receipt for the ammount turbo tax charged to file it. Also it seems turbo tax also is not.gving me access to my account either. I've tried calling costumer service number and have not been able to speak with an agent. If I do not get an adequate response

I will contact my bank and file a formal complaint 

Samina0683
Returning Member

Again I did what I had done in previous years which is e-file my return. And no problem. I have tried multiple channels to contact customer service to get access to my account and see what happened to refund and have no gotten to answer. I have no choice but to contact my bank and file charges

@Samina0683 wrote:

Again I did what I had done in previous years which is e-file my return. And no problem. I have tried multiple channels to contact customer service to get access to my account and see what happened to refund and have no gotten to answer. I have no choice but to contact my bank and file charges

Again, when you e-file your return, it is not filed unless you receive the accept e-mail.

And it does no good to complain here - this is a user-to-user forum, not TurboTax support.   You can contact TurbpTax support this way.

There is no single published number because it changes contently depending on the nature of the call and agent availability. Following the link below will either give a current number for you to call or take your number for a callback.

(Note that phone support is for paying customers only. There is no phone support for Free Customers.)

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@Samina0683 wrote:

If you failed to e-file your tax return there is nothing that TurboTax support can do to assist you.  E-filing a 2018 return was discontinued after October 15, 2019.  The only way to file a 2018 tax return is to print and mail the return.  TurboTax support cannot print your tax return for you.

Follow the instructions in the answer provided to file the 2018 tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies