turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I haven't filed my federal return yet. Why can't I schedule my payment to a date later than April 15?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I haven't filed my federal return yet. Why can't I schedule my payment to a date later than April 15?

@jp54 wrote:

Can I manually type in July 10, 2020 since I want my payment to be deducted that day from my checking account?

The TurboTax software is scheduled to be updated on Friday, March 27, for the new dates to file and pay federal taxes owed after April 15 and on or before July 15, 2020.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The changes in the filing dates and the payment dates for federal taxes owed were only announced 4 days ago.  It takes time to update all the TurboTax software for the desktop and online editions across all the platforms for personal, professional and business programs.  You can either wait for a week or two before for the software to be updated or you can change your method of payment to pay by check instead of direct deposit.  Then e-file your tax return.

Pay the federal taxes owed on or before July 15, 2020 either using the Payment Voucher, Form 1040-V, and mail your payment with the voucher or use the IRS payment website using Direct Pay from your bank account - https://www.irs.gov/payments

jp54
Level 1

Can I manually type in July 10, 2020 since I want my payment to be deducted that day from my checking account?

@jp54 wrote:

The TurboTax software is scheduled to be updated on Friday, March 27, for the new dates to file and pay federal taxes owed after April 15 and on or before July 15, 2020.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies