Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrbfsae

I have tried to submit an amended return but Turbotax doesn't let me. I have asked customer support, but they didn't answer. Can Turbotax actually file amended returns?

I get to the point of entering my tax payment info, but once I enter the info, I am taken the page with the steps for submitting an amended return and asked to enter my tax payment info again. I am using TurboTax Premier on browser. Why doesn't TurboTax show that step as completed, when that information is valid? When I contacted customer support, I was told that they would look into it and they would call back. However, they sent a generic response email that didn't answer my question and never called back. How can I actually file an amended return with TurboTax Premier, on browser, when the software refuses to take me to the page to file one? My problem is literally that Turbotax won't take me to the page with the "File" or "Send Return" button.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I have tried to submit an amended return but Turbotax doesn't let me. I have asked customer support, but they didn't answer. Can Turbotax actually file amended returns?

Are you filing with an additional "amount you owe"?

Then, Turbotax will let you use direct debit from your bank to pay that amount.

enter your bank info. or choose "I'll mail a check".

@mrbfsae 

What tax year did you amend and what did you change ?   Did you successfully efile the original return using TT ? 

mrbfsae

Yes, I enter the debit information (unchanged from my original return), which Turbotx accepts. Then, it sends me back to enter that information again, without ever giving me the option to file my return.

Edit: I am amending my 2021 return, because I forgot a paper 1099 when filing my original return. I had no issue e-filing my original return, so I don't know why Turbotax won't let me e-file an amended return.

@mrbfsae wrote:

Yes, I enter the debit information (unchanged from my original return), which Turbotx accepts. Then, it sends me back to enter that information again, without ever giving me the option to file my return.

Edit: I am amending my 2021 return, because I forgot a paper 1099 when filing my original return. I had no issue e-filing my original return, so I don't know why Turbotax won't let me e-file an amended return.

If there is no change from the original tax return and the amended return, you cannot e-file the amended return.  If you reported the income on the original return that is also reported on the Form 1099-NEC or Form 1099-MISC there is no reason to amend.  The IRS has received the correct income amount as you have already reported.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies