turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you fix the misunderstanding that TT needs to take out its fee from my refund?

Email from TT says "looks like you haven't gotten your refund, so we'll debit your acct." I HAVE gotten it; it was reduced and applied to my balance from last year. so don't bill me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Can you fix the misunderstanding that TT needs to take out its fee from my refund?

i have a statement from turbo tax, showing i paid the fee the day i filed.

Did you pay it with a credit card?  Do you show it coming out of your bank account?  It was suppose to come out of your refund but the IRS kept your refund so Turbo Tax never got paid.  You still owe it.  The IRS doesn't deduct the fees first.  The IRS didn't send Turbo Tax the fees. The IRS sent your whole refund to your past due balance.

So your refund was seized for a debt you owed?  The IRS took your refund before TurboTax got paid its fee. So per the agreement you signed TurboTax can deduct its fee from your account. 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

i have documentation showing i paid TurboTax already. it would be nice if there was a way to submit that.

Do your bank/credit card records show that you paid?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

yes
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies