meganmc83

I have already filed my return and I just got a w-2 from a temp agency I didn’t even end up working for the beginning of last January. Do I need to file an amended return that’s less than $5

I have already filed my return and I just got a w-2 from a temp agency I didn’t even end up working for the beginning of last January. Do I need to file an amended return that’s less than $500.00?

C-rose3217

No, but you can add it to next year’s return if you wish.

meganmc83

Eek! That was supposed to say $500, not $5

CatinaT1

No, you cannot add it to next years taxes.  If it is a 2019 W2 it needs to be filled with your 2019 return.

If you filed, it is like dropping it into a mailbox - you cannot get it back.

You'll have wait until your return is either accepted or rejected.

• If rejected, you can make any necessary changes.
  • If accepted, you'll need to amend your return
  • To avoid unnecessary delays, do not amend until your original return has been fully processed.  You will need to print and mail the amendment.  
  • Allow 8-12 weeks for processing.

See this TurboTax FAQ for help with amending.

You can check the status of your amended return here, but allow 3 weeks after filing for it to show up.