turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Msmocha88

I checked my refund status, and it says "still being processed a refund date will be provided when available" . Does anybody else have the same still processing message?

I’m still waiting for my refund as we speak, and have been getting the run around for the longest 

I checked my refund status, and it says "still being processed a refund date will be provided when available" . Does anybody else have the same still processing message?

Was your return Accepted? First double check your efile status here
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Then only the IRS can tell you. IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/
Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

Did anyone ever receive their tax return? Mine is still processing, and can’t seem to get through a representative.

@Victoria_93 wrote:

Did anyone ever receive their tax return? Mine is still processing, and can’t seem to get through a representative.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.
Or you can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment
Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

I been having this same message for about a week now how ling will this message be here

@ 1sharabouie2 wrote:

I been having this same message for about a week now how ling will this message be here

You didn't specifically say what the message is, but based on the title of this cluttered old thread from last year, I'll take a guess.   If by "this same message" you are referring to the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool and get a message that your return is "still processing", and if you only filed a week ago, that's still normal.  In fact, up to 3 weeks of processing is normal, although it sometimes doesn't take that long.   But if the IRS decides to evaluate anything in your return, that can add additional time to it--even beyond the 3 weeks.   Some are even pulled at random for more investigation.   

NOTE: This time of year in February there is another possible delay that can affect a return.  By law (the PATH Act), the IRS will not begin issuing refunds on tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until after February 15. So filers with those credits likely won't get their refunds until late February, or in some cases, early March.

If your return goes more than 21 days in processing, and if you are NOT subject to the PATH Act delay described above (EIC or ACTC), the IRS is the only one who can tell you anything.  If that's your situation, you can phone the IRS to see if you can learn anything about the delay.  The steps to get past the recorded messages and reach a live IRS agent are listed in the comment right above yours.

Wavey123
Returning Member

Yep

What does that mean

rm72

Did you ever get your return? I filed mine a week ago and it is still saying processing. I've never had this happen. It normally just goes from accepted to approved. 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. 

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Have you received your refund 

Have you received your refund 

Turbox sent message my refund was accepted on 1/29/20 and i received my state refund 3 days later. Its been 25 days and my federal is still being processed with no bars saying a date will become available. Turbo tax said that everything looks good before i had efiled. Still no refund date. Did turbo tax make a mistake saying to me everything looks good on my state and federal refund. It makes me not to even wanna deal with turbo tax next year.

@Burnett49 wrote:

Turbox sent message my refund was accepted on 1/29/20 and i received my state refund 3 days later. Its been 25 days and my federal is still being processed with no bars saying a date will become available. Turbo tax said that everything looks good before i had efiled. Still no refund date. Did turbo tax make a mistake saying to me everything looks good on my state and federal refund. It makes me not to even wanna deal with turbo tax next year.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Yes i am having that same problem and its been 25 days since i have efiled.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies