Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mb778799

I checked my refund status, and it says "still being processed a refund date will be provided when available" . Does anybody else have the same still processing message?

Filed 03 01 2021 still nothing.. we need our federal refund

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

I checked my refund status, and it says "still being processed a refund date will be provided when available" . Does anybody else have the same still processing message?

Once the IRS accepts your return, they do not share further information with TurboTax. You would need to contact the IRS, for further assistance, How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS...

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information, What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 day...

I also recommend checking out their Refund FAQ 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Marsha0630
Returning Member

We are also still pending but you cannot call the IRS number they are not accepting any calls.  I work for the federal government and other numbers are the same.  

Jgoy56
Returning Member

Ours was accepted 2/21 and still says processing. What’s up electronic filing and direct deposit should take that long. My sister go a paper check in 2 weeks filed same day as me 😡

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Includes errors
  • Is incomplete
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation PDFwhich could take up to 14 weeks to process
  • Needs further review in general.

Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date after we process your return and approve your refund.

i filled on feb 12, today its 9 weeks later and still no refund. says its still being processed. you can bet that if i was 9 weeks late with my payment they'd be knocking on my door...very dissatisfied.

@Daceandavis1 wrote:

i filled on feb 12, today its 9 weeks later and still no refund. says its still being processed. you can bet that if i was 9 weeks late with my payment they'd be knocking on my door...very dissatisfied.

IRS website notice - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of March 26, 2021, we had 2 million individual tax returns received prior to 2021 in the processing pipeline. Including current year returns, as of March 26, 2021, we had 16.5 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Advance Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

Buddy0387
Returning Member

My refund says it’s still processing on here and my mint but the irs says the sent it on the March 24

MR-WATTS

I e-filed our tax's 10 weeks ago, Still processing 

Mine was received 2/22 and is still being processed. Are others in the same boat (this long?)?

Mel

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

This is not surprising because of the pandemic. It's taken longer than usual because of the COVID pandemic. Log in here to periodically check your refund status.  

Still waiting, now over 2 1/4 months

vanman713

I contacted IRS and was told there was something I missed and had it was being put back into the system which would take 10 weeks from the day it was filed. so from March 30th  2020 which means I should receive mine by June 8th 2020. I normally receive in 2 weeks, I also think if you filed unemployment that would delay it due to the 10k credit that was added.

vanman713

No audit email some people are receiving their returns normally and others longer. I contacted IRS and another reason for the delays was due to being short staff and having to be spaced out due to this  covid stuff which has been around for years.

2/22 filed/received.

STILL PROCESSING.

Terrible

Mel

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies