Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can not find line 8a on the 1098 form of the online version of Turbo Tax. Can anyone show me where to go to find this line?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

I can not find line 8a on the 1098 form of the online version of Turbo Tax. Can anyone show me where to go to find this line?

I was able to find a solution in this post here. If copying from line 1 to line 2 does not resolve the issue, please feel free to reach back out via this forum. Otherwise, you may also contact customer care by following the steps here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Twone4our

actually, upon reading IRS publication 936 which says your mortgage interest deduction maybe limited depending on your loan balance and when your loan was pulled out. Anything before Dec XX 2017 (check exact dates in publication) has a loan balance of up to $1M and any mortgage interest is fully deductible if under that amount. If over $1M, there is a calculation sheet from publication 936 and the result calculated on line 15 is the amount you input to the 2nd line of Schedule A line 8A.

Anything after Dec XX 2017 (check exact dates in publication) has a loan balance of up to $750K and any mortgage interest is fully deductible if under that amount. If over $750K, there is a calculation sheet from publication 936 and the result calculated on line 15 is the amount you input to the 2nd line of Schedule A line 8A. Basically, I think its a pro-ration of your mortgage interest based on the proportion of your loan balance over $750K. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies