Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to download my 2019 tax return. When I click on download/print return, it only downloads a page that says "File by Mail instructions for your 2020 return"

Only the one page of the instructions to mail are downloaded. I can download the 2018 return with no problem. Only 2019 won't dowload my tax return.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I am trying to download my 2019 tax return. When I click on download/print return, it only downloads a page that says "File by Mail instructions for your 2020 return"

The complete federal and state tax returns for 2019 along with all worksheets and information only pages will not be available in the PDF download until the online editions for tax year 2020 become available in early December.

This occurs each tax year after the prior year online editions shut down at the end of October.  It is always a good idea to download a PDF of your tax return after it has been accepted by the IRS along with the tax data file (.tax)

251Pine
Returning Member

I still can't download it.  It disappeared on my computer.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@251Pine We recommend downloading your TurboTax for Windows software to your desktop or the Downloads folder so you can find it easily.  If you can't locate it, refer to the following Help Article for help with searching for the download:  Find your TurboTax for Windows software download

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
251Pine
Returning Member

I have an Apple Mac Pro.  No windows!

Thanks, Sally Morin

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

We are sorry but your answer did not fully come through. Would you please clarify what happens when you click download/print?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies