turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am not self employed anymore. I filled in information on the self employed program sent to my email How do I change it to individual filing only?

I want the basic deluxe for individuals NOT self employed-- I am totally retired

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am not self employed anymore. I filled in information on the self employed program sent to my email How do I change it to individual filing only?

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2018 online tax return.  Click on Clear & Start Over.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2018 online tax return.  Click on Clear & Start Over.

I am not self employed. Why is it trying to make me pay for self employed?

@ddavis1030 Were you self-employed in a previous year?   Or do you have income that is on a 1099NEC that you are entering?

If you want to downgrade to a less expensive version you can clear and start over---but you will lose any 2021 data you have entered and really have to start all over.

CLEAR AND START OVER

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-how-do-i-clear-and-start-over

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

No I do not. I cleared and started over it's still trying to charge me.

What version did you start over in?   Did it take you back to self-employed?   Or to Deluxe?  Premier?

If you qualify you can just wait and use the Free File software from the IRS site in a couple of weeks:

https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies