turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got my turbo prepaid card.my refund was approved on Fri 2/23, the irs deposited date is by wed 2/28. When will it come cause i have the fees taken out from my refund?

I activated the card and the online account and the balance is still 0. I thought getting the card would help me get it sooner. It' ftustrating.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I got my turbo prepaid card.my refund was approved on Fri 2/23, the irs deposited date is by wed 2/28. When will it come cause i have the fees taken out from my refund?

No one will know exactly when your funds will be deposited.  If the IRS says 2/28, then you can start checking at any time.   The IRS FAQ page says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing times and procedures, but it normally doesn't take that long.     You can go ahead and check at the intermediary bank that I mention below to see if there is any word on it:

You mentioned that you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund.  Your funds will first go from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank--either Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio, or Green Dot Bank.  At the intermediary bank the fees are subtracted, then the rest of your funds are sent on to your bank (or prepaid debit card) in a second deposit.  The company that handles that is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.)

Less commonly there can be delays at the intermediary bank, and additional ID info, etc. might be required.

If for any reason the second deposit fails (the one that is actually to your bank or card), it will bounce back to SBTPG's bank who will issue you a paper check in the mail.

Once the IRS has released your funds, you can log in to your temporary account at SBTPG to see the status of your funds.

To log in, choose the taxpayer portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link.   Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

I already checked that sbtpg and it said that they have not received my refund. I do not owe ant money. I do have to pay my state taxes for this year when I filed do they take that out too from the refund cause I said I would pay it in April. Maybe they will get it later today and deposit it on the card tomorrow? I just thought this way of doing it was faster but my bf did direct deposit and got it in less than a week. Ugh

If you owed state taxes when you prepared your 2017 state return, state taxes cannot be paid out of the Federal refund.  You have to arrange any state taxes payment.  SBTPG only takes FEES out of the refund.
Csuppo

On the state website it says my state taxes will be on my card tmm but last year my state came 1 day early just wondering if my state will come early again like last year

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Csuppo

The best way to track your refund is on the state website or the IRS website.  Also, please keep in mind that the dates are approximate. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies