445bbowens

How long will it take for turbo tax to send my refund to my bank after deducting their fees.

RBBrittain

It generally takes Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG), who administers the "refund processing service" for Intuit, 1 to 2 business days to process & forward refunds after it receives them from the IRS.

RBBrittain

445bbowens

Thanks the email said something about TPG processing it
RBBrittain

Thanks for the reply. Please note that the IRS still has to issue the refund before SBTPG can process it.
gabrielcastillo2

Sbtpg says my money was sent today. When til I get it on my NetSpend card?
RBBrittain

@gabrielcastillo2 Only NetSpend can answer that question. If you still don't have it and NetSpend says they never got it, contact SBTPG again at 1-877-908-7228 or <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.sbtpg.com;">www.sbtpg.com;</a> if there was an issue with your card's direct deposit numbers the money went back to SBTPG.
RBBrittain

Also, TurboTax is using a different vendor this year for its prepaid card program. If TurboTax used your NetSpend direct deposit info again this year, the money should still have gone to your NetSpend card, which you can continue to use. However, if you asked TurboTax to deposit the money onto its prepaid card, you should have received a new prepaid card from the new vendor and the money went to that card.
RBBrittain

I should add this text from SBTPG's official FAQ at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084467-How-long-does-it-take-to-get-my-refund">https://h... (bracketed "SB" added for clarity): "Usually 1 to 2 days before a refund is scheduled to arrive, the IRS sends a pre-notification of the refund amount to [SB]TPG.  The IRS does not deposit the money at this time, but it is only a notification that the refund is on its way. We set up the disbursement upon receiving that pre-notification so that the money reaches the taxpayer on the same day it would have if the money was deposited directly from the the IRS into the taxpayer’s bank account."

That said, there have been reports over the years of SBTPG delaying deposits by 1-2 business days even when depositing to banks that wait till the official deposit date to credit your account; that was the basis for my answer. Some banks, and numerous prepaid cards (including the Turbo Prepaid Card), credit accounts with direct deposits as soon as they receive pre-notification. In those cases, the SBTPG process probably will delay the refund by at least 1-2 business days as the pre-notification goes to SBTPG first; your bank can't credit your account till SBTPG sends it a pre-notification for the balance of your refund.
ArLaw

Is it the same for state? I had my state tax refund sent out on 2/19/2021. I've been waiting for 5 days now and still nothing in my bank account. Should I wait more? Does SBTPG recieve state too so they can take their fees before sending the remaining to my bank or what?

CarissaM

The state refund will come direct from the state to your bank account. The fees are only deducted from the federal return. 

If you have not received the state refund you will need to contact your state tax department or your bank to see if they have record of the deposit.