Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take to recieve refund paper check once the irs has mailed it?x

how good is your PO?    could be 7 days could be 2 weeks. 

How long does it take to recieve refund paper check once the irs has mailed it?x

Never had a problem until now.   They are usually spot on.  Informed deliver doesn’t show it again today.

It seems rather crazy to me that they wouldn’t make these checks trackable.  Would save them a lot of money fielding questions and save a lot of people worry and frustration.  Thank god for direct deposit.  

@Saintluver1 The IRS mails refund checks by first class mail without tracking.   So, sorry, you are at the mercy of the U.S. postal system, which can take 7-10 business days to deliver a piece of mail.   If you chose direct deposit, you are not waiting for an envelope.  If you chose a mailed check, make sure you open all mail that arrives in your mailbox--do not assume anything is junk mail without opening it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

FYI ... the checks from the processing bank  come in plain white envelopes with only the sender's address showing in the return address section and looks a lot like junk mail.  

I have been opening everything.  It says it was mailed last Friday but I guess that could have been good intentions and maybe not have gone out until Saturday or Monday even.  It’s crazy.  I hate that they would only do a paper check for this!    7+ days seems like a long time for mail, but maybe not now days.  I usually pay everything online so I’m not up to date with how long everything takes these days.

When I asked the USPS customer service they said, “oh no it doesn’t take that long to get something!”  I wanted to say, from what I’m reading it can take longer.  Any idea why these checks take long that most other mail?  Do you think they are not really mailed when it says?

@xmasbaby0  Is Saturday considered a business day for usps or is it Monday-Friday?  When you said 7-10 days, I’m assuming you meant business days?  Thank you for your help.  You are very knowledgeable!

It all depends on where you live and where they mailed it from and the weather that is happening along the way.  Heck first class mail from Chicago to Tampa can take more than a week at times.  

And there's a hurricane heading for Florida, maybe Tampa in a few days.

I’m in Sarasota 

First stay safe this week ....and if this is a check from the refund processing bank those are usually sent out from California first class ground so who knows how long it will take due to the hurricane situation.

Yes my account is closed but I see the send my check in the account Wht should I do now

@Glorieuse Louis Do you mean your direct deposit went to a closed account?   If your bank account is closed then the refund will go back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will mail a check to the address on your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

How long shoul I receive the check in the mail 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies