turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I record the three simple

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Please finish your question.

Brambopatrick84
Returning Member

Come with your camera and then press record

@MII38 Your question is not complete.   Please disregard the nonsensical reply from the second person who posted to this thread.  What three simple things are you trying to record or enter?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Maybe the 3 Stimulus payments?  Only the first 2 go on your 2020 tax return.  Did you get them or need to apply for them?

If you did not get one or both of the first 2 Stimulus payments you can claim the missing amounts on your 2020 return.  It will be listed on your 1040 return on line 30.  Check there for it.  It either adds to your refund or reduces a tax due.

The max you could get was.....The first round was 1,200 (2,400 Joint) and 500 for each dependent under 17.  The second round was 600 per person including dependents under 17.

When you fill out your tax return it will ask how much (if any) you already got.  There will be 2 boxes to enter the amounts you got.  If you didn't get one then enter 0 in the box.  To calculate the amount of your recovery rebate credit, you have to first calculate what your stimulus payment should be based on your 2020 tax return, then subtract what you actually received.

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any.  Enter a 0 in the box if you didn't get one.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, it will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it, you can go to Other Situations, answer any questions and click Done. The next automatic selection is Federal Review and it will ask about payments received.

If you didn't get any or all of the first 2 Stimulus payments or qualify for more the Recovery rebate credit is on 1040 line 30.  It either adds to your refund or reduced a tax due.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies