Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Hector79

How do I print my state tax return and mail?

I see no option for the file by mail. Where can I get this option??

@Hector79 Are you using online software?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and are mailed to different addresses.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Saint226

i can not get to my state tax in turbo tax

How do I "open my return in Turbo Tax?" 

All I find is a way to go through the process page by page. I just bought this. I just need to print my state return. Can't get to it

@bteadmin wrote:

How do I "open my return in Turbo Tax?" 

All I find is a way to go through the process page by page. I just bought this. I just need to print my state return. Can't get to it

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Thank you. I quit out of TT and then reopened it. Signed in again and was able to find it.

BACHENEY

Thank you

How do I go about print my state tax return to  mail, and what documents do I send with my form?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@Brown1963sugar 

Depending on what TurboTax product you used, you will follow that particular FAQ link provided below to print and mail your return. Directions will be included on what forms need to be printed and mailed in:

How do I print and mail a return in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software

How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Using the desktop version, I can't speak for online. I wanted to E-File Federal, and mail in State. After a while, this worked:

E-File Federal, check option to E-File State later. Once Federal is complete, go back to Federal Filing, select mail in forms, click next. It will tell you Federal has already been E-Filed (it has) and then give the option to print and file your state forms. In my version, there was no watermark stating you must E-file or anything like that. 

What I printed had all necessary forms and two pages of instructions.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax help article for more information.
How do I file my state after I already filed my federal?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is the exact opposite of helpful. I have already filed and now I can't see any of those options, but I still need to print the state form.

@jasonehayes wrote:

This is the exact opposite of helpful. I have already filed and now I can't see any of those options, but I still need to print the state form.

To access your current year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2022 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies