Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

klee3

How do I amend a return with a 1040-ES I received? I have a nanny and filed the Schedule H information but didn't see a way to do 1040-ES that Care.com/Homepay sent.

The IRS sent me a bill for taxes that Care.com/Homepay already sent to them directly via 1040-ES. For some reason they can't reconcile that and are charging me for taxes I already paid. I cannot reach the IRS to contest the issue which is extremely frustrating.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I amend a return with a 1040-ES I received? I have a nanny and filed the Schedule H information but didn't see a way to do 1040-ES that Care.com/Homepay sent.

Is your name and ssn on the 1040ES?  Did they send the amount to the IRS for you?  Maybe it's just the payment slip you needed to pay.    You will have to talk to the IRS about  it.  

Ok ... let's see if I have this correct ... you paid a nanny thru a service that paid the Sch H taxes to the IRS for you AND issued the W-2 to the nanny and filed the 941/944/W-3 forms as needed for you.   You were NOT supposed to file a Sch H on the return in addition to what  you paid thru the service. 

Those payments  are not estimated payments to be entered on the income tax return.  So if you did put it on the return the IRS denied the payment.  

SO ... if you did file the sch H on the return incorrectly  then simply amend the return to remove the taxes you should not be paying on the return to get the refund of the taxes you should not be paying.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies