Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, I would like to amend my taxes with Turbo Tax for the years of 2009, 2010, and 2011. Am I able to do this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Hi, I would like to amend my taxes with Turbo Tax for the years of 2009, 2010, and 2011. Am I able to do this?

The TurboTax software for 2009, 2010, and 2011 is no longer available and no longer supported. If you have the software for those years already installed on your computer, and it is already fully updated, you could use it to prepare amended returns. Otherwise, you would not be able to use TurboTax to amend your returns for those years.

If you do have the software, you would also need the .tax20xx data files for the original tax returns. If you don't have the files, or you did not use TurboTax to file the original returns, you would have to first recreate your original returns in the TurboTax software, making sure that they exactly match the returns that you filed.

Also, be aware that it is too late to get refunds for 2009, 2010, and 2011. There may be reasons to file amended returns for those years, but if the amended return shows a refund, you will not get the refund.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Were your returns for those years prepared using TurboTax?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It is too late to amend those years for a refund.   Also TurboTax does not support any year before 2013.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The TurboTax software for 2009, 2010, and 2011 is no longer available and no longer supported. If you have the software for those years already installed on your computer, and it is already fully updated, you could use it to prepare amended returns. Otherwise, you would not be able to use TurboTax to amend your returns for those years.

If you do have the software, you would also need the .tax20xx data files for the original tax returns. If you don't have the files, or you did not use TurboTax to file the original returns, you would have to first recreate your original returns in the TurboTax software, making sure that they exactly match the returns that you filed.

Also, be aware that it is too late to get refunds for 2009, 2010, and 2011. There may be reasons to file amended returns for those years, but if the amended return shows a refund, you will not get the refund.

Dbrockner

Yes

@Dbrockner 

Yes to what ???    You posted to a thread that is several years old. 

Dbrockner

Hey **bleep** read the subject!!! 
and then GFY!!!  Your not the only one that has an exclamation point on there keyboard. **bleep**. 

FYI - when they migrated to this new forum then posts that have a June 2019 date on them are really several years old and may not apply to the current year.  So do you need to amend prior years?  What years?

You can only amend the last 3 years in Turbo Tax.  How to Amend
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies