turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdh052477

Got a notice saying my refund will be to me in 2-3 weeks. Im trying to calculate when it will arrive. Im not counting Sundays, should I not count Saturdays either?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Got a notice saying my refund will be to me in 2-3 weeks. Im trying to calculate when it will arrive. Im not counting Sundays, should I not count Saturdays either?

Sorry....but that's just a wild guesstimate.....day calculations are totally useless

Could be two weeks, could be 3 months or more if the IRS decides they need to look into your entries.

TTX guarantees their calculations, but does not guarantee you put everything into the proper places....or perhaps you overclaimed sonething....errors in quarterly estimates, withholding...anything could delay it.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

An old saying ... "don't spend it until you get it"  holds true.

Per the IRS :  https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

How quickly will I get my refund? (updated May 16, 2023)

We issue most refunds in less than 21 calendar days. However, if you filed a paper return and expect a refund, it could take four weeks or more to process your return. Where's My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund.

I'm counting on my refund for something important. Can I expect to receive it in 21 days?

Many different factors can affect the timing of your refund after we receive your return. Even though we issue most refunds in less than 21 days, it's possible your refund may take longer. Also, remember to consider the time it takes for your financial institution to post the refund to your account or for you to receive it by mail.

It's been longer than 21 days since the IRS received my return and I haven't gotten my refund. Why? (updated May 16, 2023) 

Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Is sent by mail
  • Contains errors or is incomplete
  • Needs further review in general
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse AllocationPDF, which could take up to 14 weeks to process

For the latest information on IRS refund processing during the COVID-19 pandemic, see the IRS Operations Status page.

If we need more information to process your return, we'll contact you by mail. If we're still processing your return or correcting an error, neither Where's My Refund? or our phone representatives will be able to provide you with your specific refund date. Please check Where's My Refund? for updated information on your refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies