turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ACH Deposit TAX PRODUCTS PE3 ORIG GREEN DOT BANK - SBTPG LLC, I only got deposited $945.48 of my $1,942.00 federal tax return. Wondering where the other $1,000.00's is?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

ACH Deposit TAX PRODUCTS PE3 ORIG GREEN DOT BANK - SBTPG LLC, I only got deposited $945.48 of my $1,942.00 federal tax return. Wondering where the other $1,000.00's is?

First, remember your state and federal refunds are paid separately at different times by different people.  Is the amount you are looking for the total or just the federal?

Second, remember your Turbotax fees were deducted from your refund along with a service charge (if you selected that option.)

Third, check www.irs.gov/refunds.  I believe it tells you the actual amount deposited to SBTPG.  If the IRS deposited less than your tax return shows, they will send a letter explaining why they adjusted your return.  If they deposited what you expected but SBTPG took out more than you expected, call them directly.  ou can contact Santa Barbara Bank & Trust (SBBT) customer service at 877-908-7228 or visit their website www.sbtpg.com

Writesel1

Did you find out what may happen I have the same thing going on with mine

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS and State Governments have the ability to offset a refund to pay for certain past due debts.  You generally will receive a letter stating what the offset was for.  

The IRS provides a toll-free number, (800) 304-3107, to call for information about tax offsets.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dabrown

My refund was just deposited. It is $4000 short of what it should be. Please contact me regarding this mistake, I will need this corrected ASAP or I will be forced to take legal action. 

Thank you 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

We know how important your refund is and we apologize. We’re working quickly to resolve this and make sure you receive your full refund. You'll get an email message from us shortly letting you know when to expect the rest of your refund.

In the meantime, please refer to these Turbo Tax help articles.

Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower than the amount in TurboTax?
Why is My Tax Refund Not What I Expected?
What is a refund offset?
Refund Status: SBTPG
Topic No. 152 Refund Information
Tax Refund Tips

I didn’t get the full refund for my taxe return 

Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

You should be receiving a letter from the IRS telling you why your refund amount was changed.  If you do not receive the letter you can call them at 800-829-1040.  

When they looked at your return, they made some type of change, whether they had a W2 reported to them, that you didn't include or it could have been you had a Treasury Offset for something like back child support, unemployment overpayments, back taxes or student loan delinquencies. 

My federal refund was almost $1600 I got $79 of that deposited in my account. I need the other $1500. Where did my money go? When will I get it? 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we cannot diagnose why your refund has been reduced.  For additional information, please see this Help Article or this TurboTax blog post.

@Austinmcgalliard

Not only was the payment late, but it was also short $2000. Where is my money? I will not be using your services in the future as this is completely unacceptable to take peoples money and treat us this way. You have been paid for your services, so where is my money! You entered into an agreement with me when you took my money and now you have failed to uphold your end of the deal. I want my money immediately!

Mine was also around $1700 short!? Could you look into mine possibly? I’m so confused!?

@Jordantripp11  No one can look into it for you.   TurboTax does not receive any information after you file your tax return.   You will be getting a letter from the IRS in a couple of weeks.

Sometimes we can make an educated guess as to the reason for your reduced refund if you mention specific amounts--for example if your refund was short by $1400---it is likely to be a mix up regarding the 3rd EIP payment.   If it is short by $1800 or  $1500 or  a multiple of that amount  ---   maybe a mixup regarding the advance child tax credit payments.   Or---the fees you were supposed to pay for using TurboTax + the "refund processing fee" charged by the third party bank….

Did you choose to have TT fees deducted from your Federal refund?  (Remember that if you did that, you also agreed to an extra refund processing fee of $39.99 or $44.99 in CA)

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

The IRS will send you a letter that explains why your refund was reduced.   Meanwhile it might help you to check your online IRS account.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-refunds/why-is-my-tax-refund-not-what-i-expected-49240/

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-round-economic-impact-payment-top...

If you need to trace a payment that the IRS says has been issued to you, mail or fax a completed IRS Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Mamabear78_
Returning Member

I had a amended refund of almost 7,000 that nobody seems to know where it went. I have done everything and called every bank associated with turbo tax. I just keep getting the run around. It was direct deposited may 11th 2022. I've even done a trace with irs and they gave me a bank and acct number. When I call that bank they say they sent it over to Santa Barbara Bank and trust whatever that handles the software for TurboTax. Long story short someone has stole my money, thanks turbo tax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies