turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does TurboTax already support the e-filing of amended returns, following the last month's move made by IRS?

The IRS announced on August 17 2020 that taxpayers can now submit Form 1040-X electronically with commercial tax-filing software. IS this already supported by TurboTax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Does TurboTax already support the e-filing of amended returns, following the last month's move made by IRS?

TT now supports the efiling of amended returns however there are a couple of exceptions like you cannot change filing statuses and you had to have efiled the original return and the original return must be fully processed ... plus a couple other rules. 

Yes you can now efile a 2019 amended return from Turbo Tax.  But not prior years.  

@Critter-3 , @VolvoGirl  Thanks for prompt replies! Has TurboTax documented the rules for e-filing amendments? Couldn't find any clarifications from TurboTax on this...

@VolvoGirl   link is broken

hmmmm,  wonder why that happens sometimes.  It doesn't like pasting.  I'll try another way

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/can-i-e-file-my-1040x-to-amend-my-return/00/26008 

Nothing in official writing has been posted by TT yet however my professional program posted some limitations ... more to come from the IRS as the kinks are ironed out ...  https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1040x

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies