Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does it take longer to get taxes on card?

Does it take longer to get your federal tax return via turbo tax card? 

a couple friends got their taxes on 2/26 and I am still waiting for it to even be approved 

is it because I am using the turbo tax card and they used their personal bank account? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

No, the time frame for receiving your refund on the Turbo Visa Debit card is the same as the standard turnaround time for directly deposited returns. Per the IRS, most refunds are received within 21 days from the time a return has been accepted (received). For the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your tax return and a specific date of when to expect your refund, please visit the IRS Where's My Refund? site. 

If you claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) this could be why you're seeing a delay.  
Please see the TurboTax FAQ: Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act for more information.  

Please also see When will my refund be deposited to my Turbo® Visa® Debit Card? for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

All of the friends that I have been talking to all claimed the earned income and child credit a well.

i am the only one waiting out of everyone I’ve talked to.

it still says received in processing it doesn’t even give me a projected deposit date. I have use this tool every year for years and I have yet to see a change in my status and I’m beginning to think somethings wrong. How do I find out if something is wrong?

CJ129
Returning Member

I believe I claimed both and received a letter from it’s about being audited. That may not be your issue but after next week you don’t see an update I would just call them and see what’s going on.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, you can call the IRS directly to check on your refund status. For more information about receiving your refund, please see the FAQ below:

When will I get my IRS tax refund

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies