turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gslayton

How do I amend SSA1099 in TurboTax H&B download revision. SSA1099 does not appear on "Do you need to change anything else?" screen.

This related to doing an Amended Return, IRS data processing failed to enter my 1099Rs and SSA-1099s on my return. I cannot find an option to amend SSA.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I amend SSA1099 in TurboTax H&B download revision. SSA1099 does not appear on "Do you need to change anything else?" screen.

Did the wrong taxable amount show up on 1040 line 4b for 1099R?  So it got the wrong SSA-1099 taxable amount on line 5b?  If the IRS changed your return and you agree then you don't need to amend.  
pk
Level 15
Level 15

I am not sure I understand what you are talking about when you say "RS data processing failed to enter my 1099Rs and SSA-1099s on my return." 

In TurboTax , you enter the data from the forms 1099-_R and SSA-1099 --- these forms are issued by Social Security Admin and the administrator of your pension.  Under personal  tab, you select "Income" , then "I will choose what I work on " and then from the list of income categories, near the  bottom, "Pension...." -- you should see social security income--SSA-1099-- now select the edit  and make the changes you need to .  That should be it.

Is this what you mean  or what ?

Once you have selected to amend a return, you are not limited by the list of options that appear on the next page. That list is just for your convenience. Now you can literally make any changes to your return that you could make while you are actually doing your return for the first time. If you want to specifically update your SS distributions from a 1099-SSA, just go to "personal income" select the 1099-SSA option and follow the steps from there. Turbo Tax knows whatever changes you make, that they belong with the amendment.

@amymcblane 

Not sure why you are posting to a thread that is several years old ... always look at the posting date.  If you see 6/1/2019 then that post was transferred from the old forum on that date however the original post could have been much much earlier.   So folks who posted to this thread will probably never see your response. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies