Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

The bottom line really is.... Doesn't really matter who issued the card... How it was issued... Who paid fees... Who didn't.... The only determining factor whether you will get a DD of your stimulus check is what information the IRS has on file for you from 2018 (if you haven't filed for 2019 yet) or 2019.  If they have a valid, open DD account for you on file... Your stimulus check will get DD into that account, otherwise you are getting a paper check... and the concensus at the moment is that the only people that know FOR SURE what info the IRS has...... is the IRS... So unless anyone knows how to confirm with the IRS directly what info they have on file for you... NOBODY outside of the IRS knows for sure the answer to the question being asked in this thread numerous times.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Wouldn't everybody routing number be the same since its from the same bank but account number is different?

If the IRS has different info then how did we get our refund on our TT card? 

Leroyd2121
Returning Member

Yes but untill info can be verified with irs no way to tell what they have in file. I have seen some say that turn tax puts that info in for customer copy but the actual 1040 the IRS gets has the SBTPG info

The other issue here is it wouldn't just effect people with turbo tax cards my mother had turbo tax take the fees and put into her bank account but it still went through sbtpg. 

"If the IRS has different info then how did we get our refund on our TT card?"

If you read some earlier posts it has been explained... Some scenarios with Turbo Tax, when filing especially if you paid filing fees, those fees get processed by an institution called SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Prep Group)... in order for them to collect those fees from your return... When you file electronically... SBTPG sets up a temporary account for you and submits that account info as your DD info to the IRS and then SBTPG (which is owned by Green Dot) issues you your Turbo Card with an account through Green Dot bank.  When the IRS DDs your refund, it goes to the temp account with SBTPG and they transfer the money to your Green Dot Account minus any fees you may owe and the temp account with SBTPG is subsequently closed.

I had fees withheld but if you look on your return and had rest into a checking account that account should be listed on your return. So that is where it will go.  That is the info that irs has not to a third party. If you used their card and did not provide an account then that is more than likely where it will go to the account number on those cards are not usually the number on the front of the card. Hope that helps someone  

stola79
Returning Member

I'm hoping that what you stated is true because I was told that it won't I'm so confused

@Jeanna20 My 1040 form shows my Turbo Card account info for DD info... but my refund was deposited and processed through SBTPG first.  The rumor on this thread is that when you download your copy of the 1040 form from TT... The DD info is "replaced" with your Turbo Card account info and that is not the account info that was actually submitted to the IRS.  But again... Just rumor that has been posted here... Have not seen any posting with definitive proof that is what actually happens.

I was also told it would not either. We're stuck with check..Turbotax helped none from what I've read thru this.

I downloaded my return. And just did again. On mine it shows my bank account info on my return which is what goes to irs. I had fees took out of mine when i filed and my refund was handled by the third party group first but as far as what they submitted on return it is my bank info. I did not use the card and did not get one. But if that is what was submitted to irs then that should be the info they would have. You should be able to download your return off turbo tax and see it.  

ALL EVERYONE CAN TO IS WAIT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST .... there is nothing you can do until something happens no matter how much you wish and pray for a miracle ... there is no fairy godmother with a magic wand to help you now. 

If you get the DD in the next 2 weeks then you are done.  Be happy.

If you do not get the DD by the time the IRS finally opens the promised portal then you can update your information at that time.   

Follow this site for updates:

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Follow this site for updates:  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Itiswrittenkjv1611
Returning Member

So what you're saying is that we can all expect to get checks and not until May or June. That's great! 

That’s not true for all. Just remember that Cares eco stimulus act divided by Turbo Tax = Confusion 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies