Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

OK but.   The stimulus would to 

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

• Will my stimlulus check go on my green dot card that's what my taxes came on this year

@bishoprobin2018 wrote:
  • Will my stimlulus check go on my green dot card that's what my taxes came on this year

Most likely, yes. If you did NOT have fees withheld from your refund, it definitely WILL go to the card.

If you DID have fees withheld, some have interpreted SBTPG's statement that using "a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG" will result in a paper check to include other Green Dot-issued cards, including the Turbo Card and regular store-bought Green Dot cards (since Green Dot owns SBTPG). However, a more literal reading of "a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG" means ONLY those Walmart MoneyCards issued thru SBTPG on behalf of its non-Intuit ERO customers; the Turbo Card is a direct relationship between Intuit and Green Dot that doesn't involve SBTPG. Green Dot cards NOT issued thru SBTPG *should* be treated like bank accounts, which SBTPG says *will* get the stimulus via direct deposit even if their refunds went thru SBTPG.

Ultimately, we will need further clarification from Intuit, SBTPG, Green Dot and/or the IRS to be certain. At the very worst, if all else fails you may need to enter your DD info on the forthcoming IRS portal (NOT TurboTax Stimulus Registration) to avoid waiting in line for a paper check.

path85
Returning Member

how can I change I got the turbocard for refund now I wanna change bank info for stimulus ck HELP

@path85 wrote:

how can I change I got the turbocard for refund now I wanna change bank info for stimulus ck HELP

If you have filed a 2019 tax return and need to change or add your direct deposit information, see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

I had fees taken out and processed via middle man Santa Barbara bank. However my 1040 has my personal bank info on it. So I would say that is the one the IRS has. I don't believe info was placed into the 1040 after it was processed that wouldn't seem legal. But I am by far a bank and or tax expert. But I'm hoping the copy of the 1040 I am seeing is the same one the IRS has but we will soon see. I think it was more of a file that showed the IRS that santa Barbara bank was processing refund but showed my personal bank as the one that it would ultimately end up at and Santa Barbara wasn't just getting my refund and had to show my personal bank info as the final destination. But either way if they get the direct deposit site to change or verify info should be good to go. Lord knows dont want to wait for snail mail because that could turn into a real nightmare. Hopefully it will all be answered real soon as payments are expected to start next week.

Travbass92
Returning Member

Any word as to if the stimulus is gonna be DD'ed into our turbo debit card accounts if they are still open?

from what Treas. Sec. Mnuckin said last week, direct deposits should be in checking / savings account by April 14 (end of the month if you have social security only and do not file)…

for checks, they are to begin mailing the week of April 24 in 'income order'  Under 10k of income the week of APril 24, under 20k of income the week of May 1, etc .

when they did this in 2008 it took SIX months to get it done; it's alot quicker this time

The  IRS is required to send you a letter within 15 days after they send out the money.... so if you get the letter and did not get the money, i am sure the letter will give you contact information.  

Travbass92
Returning Member

Not what I asked, my turbotax debit card routing and acct numbers are on 1040 will my stimulus payment be sent into that account?

Nobody knows this thread is 27 pages long and not one solid answer.

Look at a couple answers below to see a direct link to the information on the  SBTBG site.  Whatever it says there is what counts.

The issue with that statement is that it's not very clear it says a sbtpg issued card and the TurboTax card isn't issued by them so does that mean it will be deposited that's the issue. 

So that says if you received a direct deposit from them you will get a direct deposit but the people that had a check or card through them will get a check unless updated with bank info once portal goes live.

Paidyn12

Yall mail me card in mail??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies