Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ajaxone

Complaint

COMPLAINT

Intuit Turbo Tax

April 13, 2022

I have been a loyal user of Turbo Tax since it began, and have always felt confident that my annual IRS tax filing was correct and in accordance with IRS regulations.

This all changed in 2022 for filing tax returns for 2021

I purchased the software and downloaded the program in early 2022. As usual, Turbo Tax always checked for any changes or upgrades to the software each time I access the program.  Admittedly, my situation this year would require more calculations and instructions, due to my reported losses in 2021. As usual I allowed Turbo Tax to download my last year’s 1040 filing, and proceeded to enter 1099 information as received. When I received the 1099 from E*TRADE and noted the problem computing the basis for Fidelity Mutual Fund, that I reinvested each monthly payment. I also noted that E*TRADE could download the information directly into my Turbo Tax file. I selected this option, and as soon as this information was in my file, Turbo Tax advised that my file was complete and ready to e-file and I would receive a refund of $9,769 in 21 days, but need to complete form 8453.

The file was e-filed and accepted by the IRS on March 9, 2022. Soon after that I decided to download and print the file. I discovered it was 60 pages long, but if I was to receive a $9,769 refund, why worry.

I did supply the additional information the IRS requested, but when I was contacted by IDME and realized that the IRS was not about to refund $9,769. I tried to amend accepted file. But I could not find the formation about how to do this on Turbo Tax. A Google search said I could do this by selecting that option on the Turbo Tax website, before you load the program. I did this and spent 2 hours answering questions from an AI robot. During this time I never saw a form, but was told that I must now pay $89.00 before I could see the results. I paid the fee and another $45.00 and was told I would receive a $44,000.00 refund. I realized this was ridicules and asked my Credit Card provider to disallow the charges.

Early in April, I received revised a 1099 from E*TRADE and one from a broker that I had closed out in March 2021.  I then opened a copy of my Turbo Tax file that I had saved before the Broker info was added and updated all the information and ready to amend my accepted file. But Turbo Tax would not allow it because some information was missing in information downloaded by E*TRADE. And I have no way of correcting information entered digitally by E*TRADE.

It seems to me that Turbo Tax has changed from providing information and calculations to increasing revenue by artificial intelligence

I will await your reply before posting this information.

[PII Removed]     SS *** **1314

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Complaint

"A Google search said I could do this by selecting that option on the Turbo Tax website, before you load the program. I did this and spent 2 hours answering questions from an AI robot. During this time I never saw a form, but was told that I must now pay $89.00 before I could see the result"

Sound like you found a fraudulent site that pretends to be TurboTax and pays Google to come up on the top of the search results.

What you describe is not the TurboTax AMEND process.

TurboTax does not charge you to do an amendment.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Complaint

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies