turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Season
Returning Member

Check info and try again.checking in frm Nashville Tn

Is anyone else getting this message when the put their information in the where's my refund app? I filled on 2-12-21 accepted 2-13-21  with email from tax turbo saying it was accepted but when I put my info in the app it tells me the info dont match what they hv. I know I'm putting the right info In. Tax turbo says my excepted refund will be 3-6-21 but the irs give me no Info. I've called the irs but they told me I hv to wait 21 days b4 they can tell me anything. I'm just trying to see if I'm not the only person this is happening to . 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If there is no record of your return, or the system says the information is wrong, please make sure you are entering the correct social security number, filing status, and refund amount.

To verify your Social Security Number:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.

To verify your refund amount:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.

To verify your filing status:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.

If you cannot track your refund on the IRS refund tool despite confirming your information is correct, please click here for some more tips.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am getting the same exact thing.  I have double checked my info over and over. I am not entering anything wrong what so ever. However I did find a thread on Turbo tax stating that this happened a couple years ago to quite a few people. However, no one answered if it was ever fixed.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status 

Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.

• If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. 

Please check Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It was a system glitch with the IRS.  Mine was the same way for a few days, however today it’s back to the normal info on the Where’s My Refund page & app.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies